Lost Faction

Announce your great clan here.
Ruin
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Lost Faction

Post by Ruin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:59 am

I am taking my leave. Thanks for having me o7
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

Nati46
Forum Regular

Post by Nati46 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:32 pm

Inactivity sucks. Been only available on weekends and even then mostly only went on irc, because nobody was there to play with. Sad that the scene is even worse than when I started being inactive :s
Ill be down for anything if im on irc which will be more frequent in maybe 2 months or so... Ill try being on this weekend and the ones after
Last edited by Nati46 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to know how to run faster? Check this out!

Zandronum Duel Championships

Moti
Forum Regular

Post by Moti » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:56 pm

I'll be taking my leave from LF today. Thanks a lot for having me guys, I love each and everyone of you and take good care :D

Tenchu
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: LF

Post by Tenchu » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Nati46 wrote: Inactivity sucks. Been only available on weekends and even then mostly only went on irc, because nobody was there to play with. Sad that the scene is even worse than when I started being inactive :s
Ill be down for anything if im on irc which will be more frequent in maybe 2 months or so... Ill try being on this weekend and the ones after
No worries man, you're not the only one plagued with severe inactivity right now. :p After all, IRL > Doom, we all have our priorities. I'll be getting more active myself once the summer dies down, looking forward to getting back into it with you man! Take it easy out there. :)
Last edited by Tenchu on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[22:42:21] [@SkullRush] ok guys today was one of the worst days of my life i spent p much 18 hours in my pc watching hentai and played doom with huge lag i guess i shiould go to bed now
[22:42:26] [@SkullRush] if i dont suicide, see you guys tomorrow
[22:42:29] [@SkullRush] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb^_^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[22:43:02] • Quit: (SkullRush) (~SkullRush@SkullRush.users.zandronum.com) ("Quitting")
[22:43:40] [+Jenova] wow
[22:43:47] [+Jenova] ur avg zandronum player ladies and gentlemen

Tenchu

Post by Tenchu » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:48 pm

Moti, JZ and Reck all take their leave to pursue more active interests, which is completely understandable considering LF's current activity status. Good luck out there guys!
Last edited by Tenchu on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[22:42:21] [@SkullRush] ok guys today was one of the worst days of my life i spent p much 18 hours in my pc watching hentai and played doom with huge lag i guess i shiould go to bed now
[22:43:02] • Quit: (SkullRush) (~SkullRush@SkullRush.users.zandronum.com) ("Quitting")

Tenchu

Post by Tenchu » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Starrk departs from the clan to join a more an active clan as well. It was good playing with you man!
Last edited by Tenchu on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tenchu

Re: Lost Faction

Post by Tenchu » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Edit: For clarification, I am *not* declaring LF dead. We're still very much a clan, we're just not currently participating in matches. The primary purpose of this post was to emphasize my appreciation for the Skulltag/Zandronum community and the role LF played in it thus far. Happy fragging Doomers!
Last edited by Tenchu on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:47 pm

I think it's because they are really inactive, the reason why they are there. I don't think any 3 of them play Zandronum anymore, and wouldn't even know if they were still in LF or not.

I do miss my time in LF though. Of all the clans I've been in the Doom community (a lot of them), my time with you guys was my most enjoyable.

Tenchu

Post by Tenchu » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:23 pm

Update time woo! LF underwent a boost of members lately in an attempt to revive our activity level. Not everyone all joined at the same time, some have been in longer than others but I'm just going to make the announcement for everyone all at once.

I'd like to welcome former members Goblin, Halloween, Nati and Avc back to LF, I'd also like to welcome newcomers Edd, Denzoa and Player4 into LF! Welcome guys!
Last edited by Tenchu on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alpha_
Forum Regular

Post by Alpha_ » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Nice, Good Luck with LF, Ten

Tenchu

Post by Tenchu » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm happy to announce that a platform in which LF helped create in our earlier years has returned! For those who remember Spak, co-founder Hydra and I have decided to bring the infamous TS3 server back online. None to worry, Spak no longer carries the same drama-inducing properties that it did in the past. This time around, we're mostly just focused on bringing back the ol' stomping ground to act as a place for our friends and everyone else to come hang out at.

Feel free to stop by for a visit on TS3 @ spakcrew.men

Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

Post by Shane » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:09 pm

I'm gunna have me a spak attack

onepost
New User

Post by onepost » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Ten wrote:
...I'd also like to welcome newcomers Edd, Denzoa and Player4 into LF! Welcome guys!
GG with player4 which is PlayRzer0 by the way

http://pastebin.com/NaNNRx7z

phpBB [media]

Also GG danzoa

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:37 pm

Playrzer0 isn't even masterbanned anymore, good work.

Plus you're posting a pastebin from 2012 and a video from 2009

Tenchu

Post by Tenchu » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:09 pm

onepost wrote:GG with player4 which is PlayRzer0 by the way
Thanks for the history lesson mr. ban evader, always nice to see you. Ancient history is exactly that - history. Everyone deserves a second chance. If the worst thing P4 ever did was make the mistake of cheating once upon a time seven years ago (and genuinely apologized for it later instead of simply riding out the ban), then that's not something I have an issue with. People make mistakes. Get over it, and get out of my thread.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:15 am

I didn't know player4 was an ex-cheater; thanks, onepost for the information.?

onepost
New User

Post by onepost » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:55 am

The Toxic Avenger wrote:Playrzer0 isn't even masterbanned anymore, good work.

Plus you're posting a pastebin from 2012 and a video from 2009
It's obvious. My purpose wasn't get him banned. It was just informative.
Ten wrote:
onepost wrote:GG with player4 which is PlayRzer0 by the way
Thanks for the history lesson mr. ban evader, always nice to see you. Ancient history is exactly that - history. Everyone deserves a second chance. If the worst thing P4 ever did was make the mistake of cheating once upon a time seven years ago (and genuinely apologized for it later instead of simply riding out the ban), then that's not something I have an issue with. People make mistakes. Get over it, and get out of my thread.
Just because I take privacy measures to ensure my anonymity, doesn't mean I'm a ban evader. As you can read above, my purpose wasn't other than let people know who he is and what he's done. I agree with you, people deserve a second chance, specially when they do recognize their offense, and apologize. However, it should be a well known fact that not every cheater is given a second chance. Hence, ¿what could a regretful cheater do if he had been permanently banned? Sit down on a corner and think about it. In my opinion, the only way permanently banned ex cheaters can play is by riding out the ban as you said.

The fact that it may take ten, twenty or thirty years and a person can be still banned is sad, and it turns stupid when you realize you are doing that in a source port that has an average of 70 active players per day.

Tenchu

Post by Tenchu » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:18 pm

onepost wrote:Just because I take privacy measures to ensure my anonymity, doesn't mean I'm a ban evader. As you can read above, my purpose wasn't other than let people know who he is and what he's done. I agree with you, people deserve a second chance, specially when they do recognize their offense, and apologize. However, it should be a well known fact that not every cheater is given a second chance. Hence, ¿what could a regretful cheater do if he had been permanently banned? Sit down on a corner and think about it. In my opinion, the only way permanently banned ex cheaters can play is by riding out the ban as you said.

The fact that it may take ten, twenty or thirty years and a person can be still banned is sad, and it turns stupid when you realize you are doing that in a source port that has an average of 70 active players per day.
If that truly is the case and you agree with me, then why did you bother making this account and upheave this ancient dirt on Player4? Solely for the sake of "being informative"?

The way I see it - there are two types of banned players;

a) Someone who makes a mistake at a single point in time, rides out a year-long ban without incident and returns to the community as a reformed player. Although not always, the vast majority of these kinds of players are typically different in attitude when they return and no longer pose as any sort of threat to the community. Player4 is one of these people.

b) Someone who typically makes many mistakes in a short period of time and quickly finds themselves banned. These players are commonly banned for a mixture of both chronic cheating and/or being extreme nuisances to the community, as opposed to a type "A" banned player who normally just makes the mistake of cheating one time. These kinds of players are the ones who will never change, never learn their lesson and will end up leading years-long crusades of ban evading, added cheating, and further public ridicule. These are your capodecima's, your Shadowfox's, your Kalfoxis's, your John O's, etc etc. These are the kind of players that would take a minimum of five years (probably longer) without any incidents for the administration to ever even consider lifting their ban and letting these people back into the community.

*Every* cheater is given a second chance, you are completely wrong on that. Any of these type "B" cheaters have absolutely been given second chances, and they chose to continue down their dark paths with no intention of changing. Anyone with half a brain would agree that it doesn't matter how few people we have left in the community, letting these players back into the community would have absolutely no positive effect and would just further harm the already-fledgling community we have. Unless you're one of these people, I see no reason why you'd want to give one of these guys a third chance.

Tenchu

Post by Tenchu » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:41 pm

Delayed announcement, but I'd like to give a warm welcome to EmZee and Legion! Glad to have you guys back. :)

Anes

Clan: Renegaydes
Clan Tag: [R]

Post by Anes » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:33 am

yo guys bump here!

A familiar face has joined us on the battlefield! Zoltar makes an appearance back with the [LF] crew!
Glad to have this super sexy slut back on our home front :cool:
Edd says "hi"