Forum news roundup: Metal & Ruin step down from admin, Qent from global mod

Discuss operations pertaining directly about the forum here.

Moderator: Website Maintainers

infurnus
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Forum news roundup: Metal & Ruin step down from admin, Qent from global mod

Post by infurnus » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:50 am

As you may know, Metal and Ruin have recently stepped down from forum admin positions, I was also informed by Qent that they will be stepping down from global moderator.

What I know so far: Ruin is staying a master server admin/moderator, and Qent is still working on community events like FNF. Metal has stepped down from all positions, but will still be around the community.

If you need to know who to contact for assistance, the Forum Team page should have updated info on Zandronum's staff listing: http://zandronum.com/forum/showteam.php

There are also moderators for each subforum that do not show on this list, they will show on the subforum's page.
Examples can be found in our Community Events area: Before anyone asks, we are not hiring (yet)!
Due to these recent events, I will be making an effort to look over and fix up various things on the forums that I had not gotten to fix up yet, as well as review the tracker for bug reports and patches for the mybb software.
Spoiler: Unimportant stuff (Open)
I also have some news that some might find sad: I have retired the Igor post icon in the new thread page, and replaced it with an original emote that has already been in use on the forums. If you are wondering if Igor is going to disappear, you might still see him in the Fun & Games sections from time to time! Or maybe digging around in the Trash.. :igor:
Last edited by infurnus on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ijon Tichy
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: Forum news roundup: Metal & Ruin step down from admin, Qent from global mod

Post by Ijon Tichy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:55 pm

infurnus wrote:
I also have some news that some might find sad: I have retired the Igor post icon in the new thread page, and replaced it with an original emote that has already been in use on the forums. If you are wondering if Igor is going to disappear, you might still see him in the Fun & Games sections from time to time! Or maybe digging around in the Trash.. :igor:
worst decision of 2014 0/10 pls remove

Ruin
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Forum news roundup: Metal & Ruin step down from admin, Qent from global mod

Post by Ruin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Ijon Tichy wrote:
infurnus wrote:
worst decision of 2014 0/10 pls remove
#SaveIgor2014
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/