CTF Tendency: which starting time is better?

Discuss, plan, or look back on community events here.

American players: would Saturday 6 PM EST/11 PM GMT be an acceptable time for you to play in, just like 7 PM/12 AM?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Total votes: 0

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

CTF Tendency: which starting time is better?

Post by Zakken » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:49 pm

As the first Tendency Monthly started, I received quite a few suggestions from European players to start the tournament a bit earlier, as it would accommodate for more players from that region. As much as I'd like to change around the schedule, my concern is how the proposed schedule would affect Americans.

Since Tendency is hosted in an American server (NJ FC+), American players should be given a slightly higher priority (keyword "slightly"), and when I hosted the tournament, 7 PM EST/12 AM GMT on Saturday seemed like a fair compromise between Americans and Europeans alike. We received some good European representation with HTG, Armitage, Fsn76 and Dastan taking up one third of the participating players, so it did seem like an ideal time to start, but I'd still like to get some feedback on this. This poll is directed to you American players. If neither of these times work out for you, then unfortunately this poll isn't meant for you.

Dranzer
Forum Regular
Clan: squared

RE: CTF Tendency: which starting time is better?

Post by Dranzer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:54 pm

4:20 pm
<Galactus>you're lightyears away from having me banned for this

^ 3 month ban (6months now nice evade)

Samurai
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:26 pm

I know it's directed at American players, but for me personally it would be much easier for me to have played the last one if it was an hour or two earlier. From my personal experience I had work at 8am Sunday morning, and Tendancy finished at 3am latest UK time (which leaves about 3 hour sleep, and 2 hours to wake up and drive to work for a 10 hour shift, which isn't really convenient heh).

I always look forward to any CTF related tournament on here, so it's a shame when I can't play due to the time the specific tourney is being played at. I know it's an american based tournament, but would there be any middle ground where it could suit both Euros and American based players?

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Zakken
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Samurai wrote:I always look forward to any CTF related tournament on here, so it's a shame when I can't play due to the time the specific tourney is being played at. I know it's an american based tournament, but would there be any middle ground where it could suit both Euros and American based players?
That's the whole premise of this thread. :P 7 PM didn't sound too bad, given the European to American ratio in the tournament, but if 6 PM turns out just as acceptable for Americans, I'd be happy to go for that instead.