[TSPG] The Sentinel's Xmas present - Event

Discuss, plan, or look back on community events here.
mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

[TSPG] The Sentinel's Xmas present - Event

Post by mifu » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:58 pm

Hello Folks,

It is nearly upon us! That time of year. Christmas!

Things are going to be good, and gifts to be given out (though late gifts) but none of the less here is the details.

The event will go for a total of 4 days starting on the 23rd of December through to the 26th of December.

On the 25th of December, we will be hosted graciously by the FNF team as they will be adding this as part of their Christmas event. Details below!

Day 1 (23/12/2015): Dont Be a Bitch LMS with a nasty surprise
Day 2 (24/12/2015): RageCTF
Day 3 (25/12/2015): CEMP (Christmas Extravaganza map pack) and AFTSDM (hosted by FNF i hope but if there's a change of plans, i'll just extend this to go for another day)
Day 4 (26/12/2015): ST Domination

Time: Each day will start at Eastern Standard Time (US): 3:30pm. Feel free to use a timezone converter to find out which time it starts for your timezone. I use http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/. The Day 3 event though will start when FNF starts.

Servers: All of them (except FNF) will be hosted on TSPG Painkiller

Gift information:
  1. To be eligible to get a gift, you must join the game (being spectator does not count). You also need to be logged into the server using the login console command.
  2. Players will be selected at random at random intervals during the event. We have a script that selects players's names at random.
  3. If you have already received a gift from the sentinel via the random pick, you will not receive another.
  4. All gift items are steam games. Players who receive a gift is allowed to pick any game up to $30 or less and I will gift it to them. Must have a steam account in order for me to keep tabs on who has won and collected their gift.
  5. Due to real life stuff, gifts wont be sent until late January due to me moving out of home soon.
How do I "login" ingame?
  1. First make sure you have an account at http://auth.funcrusher.net . If you do not, then create one.
  2. Ingame, open the console using the ~ key and then type login <username> <password> These details are your funcrusher's account details. For example if my account was mifu I would type "login mifu mypassword"

I also encourage you to jump on Teamspeak at allfearthesentinel.net as I will be on there. I may be recording the fun times so I hope to see all of you there.
Last edited by mifu on Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

RE: [TSPG] The Sentinel's Xmas present - Event

Post by Razgriz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 am

OOH can't wait to win at every one of these events! Time to win 5x gifts oo
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:07 am

So generous of you! I look forward to this.

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:26 am

Good thing this circulates around Christmas, otherwise I wouldn't have a shot at KF2. With my family's budget saving for that annual trip to the relatives. :lol:

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:09 pm

It's so sad I won't get to participate. Good luck with the event though.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

mifu

Post by mifu » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi folks. A bit of a change to plans on gifts.

It seems that our methods on determining how one gets a gift were quite flawed.

This meant we had to change our methods. We are now relying on a database which will determine who received a gift when we call a script ingame that picks a player that is currently logged in (using the login command on the console while ingame)

What does this mean?
It means you will need to have an account at Funcrusher's Authentication website to use the login command ingame as a condition to be eligible to get a gift as well as be playing in the games.

I am sorry for any issues this may cause but if you check the OP again, I have provided detailed instructions on how to log in. We will also include a help screen with the custom pk3 which contains this script (Festivus) to explain how to login ingame as well for those who do not/can not surf the forums.

EDIT: I had to change the time for this event to start on Eastern Standard time (US): 3:30pm because it seems aussies are in the future after all. While its the 23rd at my place most of you guys are still in the 22nd day of December. We cant have that!
Last edited by mifu on Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mifu

Post by mifu » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:44 am

Hi folks

Just wanna say, thanks to those who have attended so far, and congrats to whoever received a gift as well. I have a bit of a problem though. Something I overlooked.
I was notified that stdom, is well.. buggy as all fuck. Turns out it needs a lot of patching to be done to fix missing textures (and theres also missing maps)

Because of this, it means its an unwise idea for stdom to get hosted as this could impact on gameplay. So I propose 4 options to fix this issue which im going to leave up to you guys (the community) as all of you had your say on this.

I can either replace stdom with zan domination instead which is a bit better. I could replace stdom with survival or survival invasion to get some variation here or I could pick another wad that was tied in the list based on the polls or simply we can just roll with what we got currently and hope for the best.

This is affecting Day 4 which is the last day of this event. So what do you guys suggest?

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:05 am

I'm just gonna toss in my suggestion of doing Survival on 32in24-14, which is thematically appropriate and given that the last session lands on a Saturday good timing as well. Failing that, maybe Delta invasion with some xmasified demon sprites if they exist anywhere?

IMO it'd be good to balance out a PvP-laden event with something for Zan's Survival players.
Last edited by Marcaek on Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:09 am

Survival Invasion (delta on top)

mifu

Post by mifu » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Hey guys!

Well this concludes the event! I must say this one went way better then last years one thats for sure! I want to say thank you to those who played and of course, congrats to those who received a fine gift from the sentinel. So I am just going to leave the list of names as to who won a gift. Note these are the login names from the login server so I will need to confirm your login id n shit first, but heres the list!

• combinebobnt
  • htg
  • alterzero
  • wizardcrying
  • ru5tk1ng
  • darkener
  • dranzer666
  • tribeam
  • zakken
  • plussean
  • ad79
  • xmalebolgiax
  • toxicavenger
  • fizz
  • mytis
  • johncgh
  • nax
  • terminus
  • dusk
  • truth
  • fishseller
  • karakurt
  • distonito
  • argentvm
  • espio
  • waterflame
  • dragon
  • dsparil
  • joshharvery
So, (if you have not already) I will need everyone's steam ID and what they want. As long as its $30 or less and 1 purchase. Bundles are fine, but if im adding multiple items in the cart then thats a big no-no.

Those who are asking for a game that's cheap will probably get theirs first. However I will be deploying these gifts throughout January a bit at a time.

I wouldn't mind some feedback in regards to this event as well (like if there was anything that can be done better or what you liked about it) so I dont mind keeping this thread active a bit longer just to gather up the feedback.

Anyways thanks again guys, and till next year!
Last edited by mifu on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:42 pm

I thought I had won... You should fix your buggy client side stuff :/
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:37 pm

Shame I missed out on Day 3's event, but the rest was fun at least!
https://youtu.be/qbgpcemxVPA?t=8s "Get the fuck up."
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7sf1nizgwvqsr My custom music wad for Doom I & II - 166 MEG WARNING

<Dark-Slayer>CorpseGr1nder, get a job
<Konar6>blow*

(09:58:54)<BlueCool>think of all the stuff i couldve done in thoes 5 second
(09:59:05)<BlueCool>1. bake cookies
(09:59:16)<BlueCool>2. eat cookies