Welcome to the Community Events forum!

Discuss, plan, or look back on community events here.

Welcome to the Community Events forum!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Hello and welcome to the brand new Community Events forum!

As I'm sure that you all recall from the previous forum, Community Events did not have its own forum. Friday Night Fragfest (FNF) and Saturday Night Survival (SNS) were, however. With this new setup, FNF and SNS are now subforums.

So what benefits does this provide the community with?

1.) The ability to create your own events here!
  • Before, we were limited by the old forum in the fact that events had to be posted in Tournaments and Matches. For the longest time, this is how it was set up. Now, with this forum in place, any event can be posted here! Of course, a set of rules and guidelines will be placed so that each thread will be easy to read (more on that later in this post) but anybody is welcome to post.
2.) Your event will be posted on the calendar!
  • The Calendar page will be very helpful for finding a list of all Tournaments and Events that are happening during the entire month! I would like to just make quick mention, first, though: only the Staff (including me) can post these events. With that said, rules and guidelines will be set so that people can make threads in this forum granted they have selected a date for the event! Without a date, I cannot post an event on the Calendar. FNF, SNS, and any other weekly event will be posted on the calendar, so be sure to check it out!
3.) Your event could show up on the Portal!
  • The Portal will be where announcements for events will go. Now, the way they will be posted is still unclear at this time, but for event details, either a link to the calendar or to a specific thread will be posted in the announcement along with a brief description of the event.
4.) Planning a weekly event? Got lots of organizers? Ask for your own subforum!
  • To clarify on this, in order to be given a subforum, you must absolutely need it. Granted, weekly events take a lot more time than one-time events and a lot more effort, if you want to plan a weekly event and you have enough people to help organize, then you may be granted your own subforum. How will the subforum work? Well, it's quite simple. You will get a subforum for:
    • A) planning the event (this will be private, so only organizers can see this part of your subforum) as well as
      B) posting the event (this part is public, so this would be best used to post polls, announcements, demo threads, etc.)
    If you're interested in hosting a weekly event, come talk to me or any other Staff member! Just make you have enough people to organize, and we'll hook you up with your own subforum!
Anyway, this concludes the introduction to the new Community Events forum. See you around!

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Welcome to the Community Events forum!

Post by Ivan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm

These are marvelous ! I'm sure it was a painful step to overcome, but it will all be worth it !
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Boko

Post by Boko » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:16 pm

I'm not in any pain, I'm excited that some of the st community decided to do something for once.

Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 am

Boko wrote: I'm not in any pain, I'm excited that some of the st community decided to do something for once.
I happy to see people putting in the effort to keep the players content, if not happy. Thanks guys!

Th0r
New User

Post by Th0r » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:57 am

Dont ruin priv...