Longer chat messages?

Resolved Issues and Help get archived here for reference.
dylstew

Longer chat messages?

Post by dylstew » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 am

When somone types something into the chat, the message disappears really fast so I ususally have to use the console, which has very small letters. Can I make the chat messages appear on screen longer?

also, is there a way to display damage done as text over target? I heard that that was possible in single player.
Last edited by dylstew on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Medicris
Forum Regular

RE: Longer chat messages?

Post by Medicris » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:59 am

Code: Select all

con_midtime 5                               // Time in seconds for messages to stay before fading.
con_notifytime 5                            // Time in seconds for messages to scroll away.

HexaDoken
Forum Regular

Post by HexaDoken » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:50 pm

dylstew wrote: also, is there a way to display damage done as text over target? I heard that that was possible in single player.
Not natively.

Theoretically possible with mods, but all I have seen is a mod that displays damage numbers in deathmatch for players only.

dylstew

Post by dylstew » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Medicris wrote:

con_midtime 5                               // Time in seconds for messages to stay before fading.
con_notifytime 5                            // Time in seconds for messages to scroll away.
Thanks, it was on 3, which was too low :3

Konar6
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Konar6 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Also

con_notifylines                  // How many messages can be on the screen at once.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic