Can't see Zdaemon servers on Doomseeker 0.10

Resolved Issues and Help get archived here for reference.
dylstew

Can't see Zdaemon servers on Doomseeker 0.10

Post by dylstew » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:58 pm

I just downloaded Doomseeker 0.10 and Zandronum 1.2, but I can't see the Zdaemon servers, even tough I have it enabled under ''query''. They do show up in IDE.

Kara Kurt
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: Can't see Zdaemon servers on Doomseeker 0.10

Post by Kara Kurt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Guess you're banned from the masterservers :D

Joke aside...

Well, I'm not sure we can use Doomseeker to see servers from different port... anyway you should use Internet Doom Explorer then.

In case you're having issues with IDE, there is nothing much I can do but say you could go to Zdaemon forums/IRC and try finding Bond since he's the creator of IDE.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:03 pm

ZDaemon changed their encryption settings to prevent Doomseeker from indexing servers because ZDaemon wants their clients going through ZLauncher and IDE only.

infurnus
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:23 pm

The developer of IDE can also be contacted on our forums if needed: http://zandronum.com/forum/member.php?a ... le&uid=151

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Watermelon wrote: ZDaemon changed their encryption settings to prevent Doomseeker from indexing servers because ZDaemon wants their clients going through ZLauncher and IDE only.
and the purpose of that is?

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:13 pm

ZDaemon developers are known for actively prohibiting 3rd party software from accessing their services, especially tools made by community members of another Doom ports.
Spite? 100% control? Shrug, you tell me.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

dylstew

Post by dylstew » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:03 am

Well, I prefer IDE to doomseeker, but with IDE I don't have as many options when it comes to starting a server. For example, the ''alternate Iwad;; is grayed out, so I can't start a megaman 8 bit dm server. So I use IDE for playing games, and doomseeker for making them. However, it'd be nicer to just use a single server browser. Zdaemon is a lot worse than Zandronum anyways, but they play DM(and some other gamemodes) a lot more than zandronum players do , which I sometimes feel like playing.

It's weird how zdaemon developors don't want their serverlist in third party sofware.. that's pretty retarded, what's the point in that? Losing players?
Last edited by dylstew on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:51 am

"Alternate IWAD" is something completely different than what you seek when desired to host megaman. Alternate IWAD is a ZD feature used to utilize FreeDoom as an option to play on doom1/2 wad servers. You want to simply select the megagame wad as "IWAD".
This confusion aside, IDE seems to have more features [not only] for starting servers, e.g. fully configurable dmflags, support for join passwords, and a decent IRC client.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

dylstew

Post by dylstew » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Than how do I start a game on a custom wad? only doom, doom2, plutionia, tnt, herectic, hexen and strife's wads show up :/, but under the additional Pwads everything shows up.
Also, IDE kinda confuses me xP.
Last edited by dylstew on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:42 pm

Just to make sure ZDaemon's official word gets repeated: Supposedly if I had asked them before implementing the ZDaemon plugin they would have considered it. However, since I reversed engineered their protocol, they decided to stop it. I offered to "start over," but they have no interest. (This exchanged happened on Doomworld if anyone is interested in searching for the drama.)

Even before I did the reverse engineering I had asked every person requesting Doomseeker support to contact Kilgore and none of them did. There's a definite problem with the community if people are afraid asking the staff a question will get them a ban. :P The big reason I didn't contact him myself is because they don't give any way to contact outside of using their propreitary IRC client to connect to their IRC server.

I don't personally believe their PR story since there chat logs of Kilgore declaring war on Doomseeker because of the affiliation with Skulltag alone, but whatever. In any case if you want ZDaemon support in Doomseeker you'll need to bug the ZDaemon staff about it, it's not up to me and I'm far too busy with more productive stuff than playing cat and mouse with them.

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:52 pm

dylstew wrote: Than how do I start a game on a custom wad? only doom, doom2, plutionia, tnt, herectic, hexen and strife's wads show up :/, but under the additional Pwads everything shows up.
Easy, IDE doesn't recognize megaman's IWAD, but you can force it anyway by entering megagame.wad

Blzut3 wrote: I don't personally believe their PR story since there chat logs of Kilgore declaring war on Doomseeker because of the affiliation with Skulltag alone, but whatever.
This.

Zalewa
Developer

Post by Zalewa » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Konar6 wrote: fully configurable dmflags
Which dmflags aren't configurable in Doomseeker?
Last edited by Zalewa on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doomseeker - a real answer to cross-platform server browser.
Doomseeker dev builds - unofficial Doomseeker builds for Windows.
Gamer's Proxy - a program to emulate ping and packet losses.

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Oh excuse me, I was stuck with an older version which lacked dmflags3 and compatflags2. I just checked the latest version and I see the config window is reworked to include all dmflags.
This was one of Doomseeker's cons for which I which I wouldn't recommend it [for starting servers]. Glad that it was improved on this front.

dylstew

Post by dylstew » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:49 pm

Konar6 wrote:
dylstew wrote: Than how do I start a game on a custom wad? only doom, doom2, plutionia, tnt, herectic, hexen and strife's wads show up :/, but under the additional Pwads everything shows up.
Easy, IDE doesn't recognize megaman's IWAD, but you can force it anyway by entering megagame.wad

Blzut3 wrote: I don't personally believe their PR story since there chat logs of Kilgore declaring war on Doomseeker because of the affiliation with Skulltag alone, but whatever.
This.
Thanks, I didn't try just typing megagame.wad, it works.
my questions have been answered :P.
Last edited by dylstew on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.