0.98d-r2031M-kpatch22

Resolved Issues and Help get archived here for reference.
Stu Alpha
New User

0.98d-r2031M-kpatch22

Post by Stu Alpha » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:29 am

It seems that most of the populated servers use that build now but when I ask around as to where to find a download for it, no one seems to have any idea where it is? Can someone help?

Ijon Tichy
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: 0.98d-r2031M-kpatch22

Post by Ijon Tichy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:55 am

the skulltag downloads page is still up, and the kpatch thing is konar's IP2C addon to skulltag
just use 98d, it works just fine

and for the record, konar isn't using zandro for his servers because it's still in alpha, so don't ask

edit: mirrored in case they go down:
zipped: http://ijontichy.lostsig.com/pub/st-v098d_windows.zip
installer: http://ijontichy.lostsig.com/pub/skulltag98d.exe
lite: http://ijontichy.lostsig.com/pub/st-v09 ... s_lite.zip

hurry now while alloted bandwidth lasts
Last edited by Ijon Tichy on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Konar6
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Konar6 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:31 am

I see you beat me to make this server build known. :smile:

To answer your question where you can download it - you don't have to. Just connect using the stable Skulltag 98d client as you would on any other 98d servers.

I'm assuming you don't have 98d installed at all. It's pretty troublesome now that there are 2 different program versions in use (98d and 1.0 alpha) due to the migration from Skulltag to Zandronum... Keep in mind that 1.0 alpha is just a testing version though and is not fully supported by all server browsers yet. I will run 98d until either 1.0 stable is released or the alpha is fully supported and the playerbase is aware of the migration.

kpatch is a version of skulltag-server enhanced and customized to my liking. Mainly for myself to keep track and gain some experience, but perhaps I'm not the only one who will find these changes useful, and who knows, maybe some of them will be considered for adding to Skulltag...

In other words, it's a server patch for 98d "developed" by myself ("developed" because I'm not really a coder, I'm just learning). It adds server-side features and bugfixes from 98e/1.0, as well as 3rd party features such as country database showing player locations on connect, or Dusk's password list system. My aim is also to facilitate server management. Currently I'm making an IRC bot that would interact with servers.

Besides GV, StasBFG runs this build on iddqd servers. I guess I could release the binaries if there's interest.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

Stu Alpha
New User

Post by Stu Alpha » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:19 am

I do have it installed, I just set Doomseeker to run 98d when loading from a Zan server as suggested. Going to have to endure this juryrig for a while before the transition is finalized.