killall -9

Moderator: Developers

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Any more 3.1 beta builds for testing?

Post by mifu » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:32 am

Hello!

Hope everyones had a good easter or having a good easter depending on the timezone your in. The title of the thread pretty much explains it all.

I am wondering if there would be more beta relases now. I see a whole bunch of stuff still in needs testing status and am wondering if theres anything new to add?

I am going to start running 3.1 on some of my servers for now to get some testing out of the way for my mod atleast but was wondering if I could help ya all out with this while im at it?

Not going to lie but a new beta build could be good to get some new features tested (and/or bug fixes)

Vicious Pariah
New User

Re: Any more 3.1 beta builds for testing?

Post by Vicious Pariah » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:41 am

Based on the discussions we had on Sunday and this week, it'll probably be quite a bit more than just adding a beta. I probably won't be here this coming Sunday to chat about it though. There are also several other "pieces" (e.g. Doomseeker, my own research on other tools, "floatification", rollback netcode, etc.) which will have to work synergistically with the introduction of these new adaptations. The biggest one, of course, has to do with this thread:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... ome-point/

I would get a cup of tea or coffee before reading, though. Also probably most of you guys have already seen it so yeah.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:32 pm

mifu wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:32 am
Not going to lie but a new beta build could be good to get some new features tested (and/or bug fixes)
I agree. We'll make a new beta build, likely on the next weekend.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:17 pm

That's good news to hear since there are quite a few people eager to get their hands on a new beta. Also for transparency purposes, how is the move off bitbucket going for the source repo? I recall the candidate being leaned towards for the move was OSDN. Github should still be worth considering since a lot of people and potential contributors already have a github account. A lot of the other doom related ports and projects are also located on github and it seems like a more ideal place to relocate to, unless of course there is some aspect that prevents the source moving off Mercurial.

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:17 am

Thanks for the reply Torr. This is good news. TSPG is about to do that thing again in May because frankly, its overdue. 3.1 is also overdue so anything we can do to help you all get it out sooner will be awesome.

I do agree with Ru5tK1ng though. GitHub should of been a no brainer in regards to moving the source code over as other doom projects and contributors towards them are already using it which would make things easier if people wanted to contribute to zandronum. Is there any particular reason technical wise github would not be benefical?

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:01 pm

Personally, I strongly prefer hg over git. That's why moving to github is not a no brainer for me. OSDN so far seems to be the best option with hg support. If anybody knows a better alternative, please let me know.

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:27 pm

I believe there was also discussion about using the hg-git bridge with GitHub in some way... but it's probably best to flesh that out more after moving away from Bitbucket
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:28 am

I dusted off my hg-git bridge and the github repo I used for the latestzdoom branch, and brought it in line with the zandronum-stable hg repo: https://github.com/TorrSamaho/zandronum

So, wherever we host our hg repos, it should be no problem to a keep hg-git bridge based git mirror.

BTW: https://heptapod.net/ seems to be a new option for open source hg hosting.

StrikerMan780
Forum Regular
Clan: Shadow Mavericks
Clan Tag: [SM]

Post by StrikerMan780 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:54 am

Torr Samaho wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:28 am
I dusted off my hg-git bridge and the github repo I used for the latestzdoom branch, and brought it in line with the zandronum-stable hg repo: https://github.com/TorrSamaho/zandronum

So, wherever we host our hg repos, it should be no problem to a keep hg-git bridge based git mirror.

BTW: https://heptapod.net/ seems to be a new option for open source hg hosting.
Question, does this repo bring Zandronum up to the point of ZDoom just before ZScript?

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:03 pm

StrikerMan780 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:54 am
Question, does this repo bring Zandronum up to the point of ZDoom just before ZScript?
No. zandronum-stable is 3.1.
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

StrikerMan780
Forum Regular
Clan: Shadow Mavericks
Clan Tag: [SM]

Post by StrikerMan780 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Ah, since he mention he used the same repo as latestzdoom, I figured that was what that github repo was based on with zandronum-stable changes merged.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:31 pm

StrikerMan780 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:23 pm
Ah, since he mention he used the same repo as latestzdoom, I figured that was what that github repo was based on with zandronum-stable changes merged.
That is correct, I just repurposed this repo since one GitHub user seems to only be able to make one fork of any given repo, e.g. I can only have one GZDoom fork, and I wanted the zandronum-stable repo to be a fork of the GZDoom repo.

voidpointer
New User

Post by voidpointer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:24 pm

I'd like to request that you tag beta builds in your hg repo. This will allow me to support beta builds in my Docker image. I don't do builds of tip. Thank you!

I am looking for tags in this repository: https://osdn.net/projects/zandronum/scm ... table/tags