Today I can announce that I've packaged Zandronum + Doomseeker for Flatpak:
https://flathub.org/apps/details/com.za ... .Zandronum
What does this mean?
- It means that for every Linux Distribution out there, there is now a simple, one stop installation. This works on Ubuntu, Arch, Fedora, Mint, Suse et. al. It also intergrates fully with any Software Centre.
- It provides a more modern and robust way of updating and maintaining packages for Linux. This setup allows any package to contain it's own set of dependencies, sidestepping most dependency problems.
- It's sandboxed and atomic, which means that users have more safety and in both running and updating the application.
- It's only the client. Server is not included because Flatpak is less suited for that
- Auto-migration of Doomseeker can cause a bit of confusing. If Doomseeker can't find the zandronum executable, refer it to /app/bin/zandronum