Zandronum icons (installer/uninstaller & filetype association)

killall -9

Moderator: Developers

infurnus
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Zandronum icons (installer/uninstaller & filetype association)

Post by infurnus » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 am

Previews:
Image Install
Image Uninstall
Image Filetype associations
Image Executable

Dropbox download:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9403129/art/scifi_icons.zip
The .zip also contains an a new optimized version of the regular Zandronum helmet icon.

The install/uninstall icons were made earlier for the installer, but I have recently updated them to have better 16x16 icon sizes, and fallback low color depth icons.

.zip package includes .png sources for the helmet icons, and the other icons are in the following formats: .ico for Windows, and .bin and .icns for Mac/Apple (I just saved in the 3 formats supported by the icon editor I found, not really sure if they're all needed for compatibility)
Last edited by infurnus on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disguise

RE: Zandronum icons (installer/uninstaller & filetype association)

Post by Disguise » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:44 am

Yesh! They look sexy.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Nice! BTW: We can make updates to the installer as long as we don't need to change the Zandronum binaries, so we could use the new icons before the next release.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Those actually look pretty sweet

Medicris
Forum Regular

Post by Medicris » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Do want. I actually really like the color scheme of the filetype icon... can we adopt those as our official colours instead of green? :v
Last edited by Medicris on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Impressing! I like them.

infurnus
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:53 am

Medicris wrote: Do want. I actually really like the color scheme of the filetype icon... can we adopt those as our official colours instead of green? :v
They are the official colors, at least for the helmet graphic I designed.
There was a slightly off version of them used by others that looked ok, but I can't seem to find those examples any more.

Consider the helmet icon to be the Doom opensource equivalent of the Linux penguin, feel free to mess around and remix it all you like, just remember to credit me or Zandronum.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:55 am

In your User CP, you can choose another skin for the forums, so you aren't stuck with the default green. I'm using the black theme, and I like it.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Eonfge

Post by Eonfge » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:28 am

Looks good :cool:

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 pm

While we are on this type of subject.. What became of the Rcon Utility that.. Rivecoder I belive his name was, made?? Is that gonna be updated, or least, have its look changed?? It still bears the Skulltag Icon I think..

Sadly though, I don't have it with me atm, but maybe next time I'm able to get to a wifi spot, I will upload it here, though im sure.. Rivecoder has the source for it, have to ask him for it..

Also for the icons, they look pretty cool.

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:54 am

DevilHunter wrote: What became of the Rcon Utility
Doomseeker: Right click a server. Or --rcon.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Yes, I know of the one in DoomSeeker.. I was mearly talking about the Rcon Utility that Revicoder made..

I'm sure of it that someone remembers it. It still works with Zandronum servers.. Just that it should be updated a bit.. As it still has skulltag things on it.

EDIT: In fact, I have it right here.. from Skulltag 98d Link

It looks something like this

It still named Skulltag Rcon Utility.. Though for the source, either have to bug Carn (doubt he has it) or Revicoder (yes too lazy to figure out how to spell his name atm. I'm in a waiting room atm)
Last edited by DevilHunter on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 pm

DevilHunter wrote: Yes, I know of the one in DoomSeeker.. I was mearly talking about the Rcon Utility that Revicoder made..
The RCON utility is not maintained anymore, that's why you should use Doomseeker instead.
DevilHunter wrote: Though for the source, either have to bug Carn (doubt he has it) or Revicoder (yes too lazy to figure out how to spell his name atm. I'm in a waiting room atm)
The source is included in the Skulltag and Zandronum source repository. It's in the rcon_utility directory.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Hmm well, least it still works.. Too bad I don't know jack about programming.. Otherwise, I would of updated it heh. Sad to see it being used for a short time :/

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:01 pm

I sincerely apologize for ignoring the 'topic bumping' common rule, but I feel the need to make this post for my curiosity.
Torr Samaho wrote:
DevilHunter wrote: Yes, I know of the one in DoomSeeker.. I was mearly talking about the Rcon Utility that Revicoder made..
The RCON utility is not maintained anymore, that's why you should use Doomseeker instead.
Is there any specific reason as to why the old Remote Console application is no longer maintained? In addition, is it possible to modify the source code if desired without any conflictions with the license?
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:26 pm

Tiger wrote: Is there any specific reason as to why the old Remote Console application is no longer maintained?
Why duplicate work when Doomseeker is additionally cross platform? You can use the RCon functionality without using the rest of Doomseeker with the --rcon option.
Tiger wrote: In addition, is it possible to modify the source code if desired without any conflictions with the license?
I don't believe there are any.

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:12 am

Blzut3 wrote: Why duplicate work when Doomseeker is additionally cross platform?
I am not exactly familiar with Doomseeker's latest changes; perhaps it slipped my mind? Generally, when and if I use Zandronum for online games, I shy away from Doomseeker and stick to IDE. This is mainly as I can't easily sort or view gameservers the same way as I can with IDE as opposed to Doomseeker (just seems thrown and unsortable). But with using IDE, user's (such as myself) have to resort to 3rd party programs or use outdated applications - such as the original RCON Utility application. Call me bias, but I prefer using the RCON Utility.
Blzut3 wrote: You can use the RCon functionality without using the rest of Doomseeker with the --rcon option.
That should be worth adding into the Zandronum Wiki. However, is that parameter legal on the Windows Platform?
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:58 am

Tiger wrote: just seems thrown and unsortable
Doomseeker has multi column sorting these days.
Tiger wrote: But with using IDE, user's (such as myself) have to resort to 3rd party programs or use outdated applications - such as the original RCON Utility application. Call me bias, but I prefer using the RCON Utility.
And you solution to not using third party applications will be to make a third party application based on old code?
Tiger wrote: That should be worth adding into the Zandronum Wiki. However, is that parameter legal on the Windows Platform?
Of course it is. The only differences between platforms in Doomseeker is the presence of auto updating (not available on Linux since package managers do that) and automatic testing release support (not available on Mac because dmg).

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Blzut3 wrote:
Tiger wrote: But with using IDE, user's (such as myself) have to resort to 3rd party programs or use outdated applications - such as the original RCON Utility application. Call me bias, but I prefer using the RCON Utility.
And you solution to not using third party applications will be to make a third party application based on old code?
Perhaps I was not clear or steered the wrong way, its not that I have a problem with 3rd party programs, but I simply do not trust this one particular software due to the author's philosophy and ridiculous and even moronic biases. If there's a 3rd party program that is better and the developer is not on the verge of lunacy, then I would feel comfortable with using that program instead. So to simply answer your question with that specific link, yes, I would rather use a trusted program as opposed to a non-trusted program.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier