Getting final score for a match

killall -9

Moderator: Developers

Const
New User

Getting final score for a match

Post by Const » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:28 am

Hi,
I'm working on implementing matchmaking features for Zandronum+Doomseeker and as part of it I'm developing a player rating system.
For the rating system I need to catch the moment when a duel/deathmatch match is finished and extract final score for that match. A match considered finished when a limit is hit or number of currently joined players is not enough anymore.

I'm not sure which methods I need to change, so I need help. My current work in progress for duels is here, check src/g_game.cpp file - https://github.com/TarCV/zandronum/comp ... bda411c18d
It would be really cool if it's not needed to change different code for each gamemode, but may be I ask too much :happyface:

PS: I'm open for advices on implementing server-side demos in my other topic.

NHG(N_HuyGamingVN)
New User
Clan: NewClanZ
Clan Tag: NewClanZS

Re: Getting final score for a match

Post by NHG(N_HuyGamingVN) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 am

So what the multiplayer you're doing?

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Re: Getting final score for a match

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Const wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:28 am
I'm working on implementing matchmaking features for Zandronum+Doomseeker and as part of it I'm developing a player rating system.
Sounds interesting.
Const wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:28 am
For the rating system I need to catch the moment when a duel/deathmatch match is finished and extract final score for that match. A match considered finished when a limit is hit or number of currently joined players is not enough anymore.
Unfortunately, the handling of the different limits is not centralized. The fraglimit is handled in AActor::Die in p_interaction.cpp. Search for "// [RH] Implement fraglimit" to find the place.

To find more places where limits are handled search for "GAME_SetEndLevelDelay". If you have more questions, just let me know.