Problem creating PK3 file for ACS script

killall -9

Moderator: Developers

Jacob
New User

Problem creating PK3 file for ACS script

Post by Jacob » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:22 am

I'm trying to create a PK3 file for an add-on ACS script in SLADE but my script doesn't seem to work. I'm accustomed to doing all of my ACS work in Doom Builder 2, wherein I can create a map, add ACS, compile the script and save the map as a .WAD file, for almost effortless results. The problem is that I have to have a separate file for my ACS script since the only .WAD file on my Zandronum server is the vanilla Doom2.WAD iWad file.

Regardless of whether you're doing it in SLADE or in some other utility, I need help finding an effective way to implement my ACS file into my Zandronum server. It's basically the only missing piece of the puzzle in an awesome new thing I've been working on. Thanks.

Sean
IRC Operator

Re: Problem creating PK3 file for ACS script

Post by Sean » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:59 am

1. create PK3 in SLADE
2. add your script to a 'source' directory
3. right click the script and click Compile ACS
4. in the root of your PK3, add a LOADACS file, with the #library name of your script
5. save your PK3
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Jacob
New User

Re: Problem creating PK3 file for ACS script

Post by Jacob » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:32 am

Thanks for the help, Sean!

Note to anyone who might be as confused as I was: the LOADACS file is just a plain-text file which goes in the root of your lump and contains the name of the ACS script (no ext... just the first part of the file name) that you want to load. It was all new and confusing (esoteric jargon) until I found this article:

http://realm667.com/index.php/en/compon ... s-59207368

Jacob