killall -9

Moderator: Developers

xabis
Topic author
New User

Problems compiling 4.0 release builds on windows

Post#1 by xabis » 2 months ago

Hello,

I am trying to test the 4.0 alpha branch. Since there are no published binaries available, I am building it myself.

I am able to build the DEBUG configuration just fine, but any of the RELEASE builds throw a linker error, which I have no idea how to get around. Any help would be appreciated! This is a win64 build using visual studio 2015. I am using x64 versions of the deps (fmod, ssl) and turning off openal.

I would like to test a release build specifically, because there are pretty bad performance problems using the debug version (very low fps) and want to compare.

Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "public: int __cdecl line_t::Index(void)const " (?Index@line_t@@QEBAHXZ) referenced in function "bool __cdecl P_ChangeSwitchTexture(struct side_t *,int,unsigned char,bool *)" (?P_ChangeSwitchTexture@@YA_NPEAUside_t@@HEPEA_N@Z) Zandronum D:\dev\src\zandronum-zdoom-sync\BUILD\src\p_switch.obj 1

xabis
Topic author
New User

Re: Problems compiling 4.0 release builds on windows

Post#2 by xabis » 2 months ago

Okay, I decided to try a win32 release build, and everything compiled fine.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post#3 by Torr Samaho » 2 months ago

xabis wrote:Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "public: int __cdecl line_t::Index(void)const " (?Index@line_t@@QEBAHXZ) referenced in function "bool __cdecl P_ChangeSwitchTexture(struct side_t *,int,unsigned char,bool *)" (?P_ChangeSwitchTexture@@YA_NPEAUside_t@@HEPEA_N@Z) Zandronum D:\dev\src\zandronum-zdoom-sync\BUILD\src\p_switch.obj 1

This should be fixed now.

Dragonfly

Post#4 by Dragonfly » 2 months ago

I've not been present on the Zandronum forums for a long time. I didn't know 4.0 was a thing! Is there any reason that 3.0 hasn't yet had a stable release if 4.0 is already in development?

Sean
Forum Regular

Post#5 by Sean » 2 months ago

Dragonfly wrote:I've not been present on the Zandronum forums for a long time. I didn't know 4.0 was a thing! Is there any reason that 3.0 hasn't yet had a stable release if 4.0 is already in development?

Because all 4.0 is is the latest commit of ZDoom merged with the latest commit of Zandronum. It's not really stable or tested in any way, and AFAIK 3.0 is top priority and is pretty close to release(TM).
Shame on us
Doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts
Shame on us
For all we've done
And all we ever were
Just zeros and ones

Return to “Development”