CTF server wiki??

General help and assistance forum.
SoulRenovation
New User

CTF server wiki??

Post by SoulRenovation » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:06 pm

Can someone point me in the right direction for hosting servers in CTF/ST modes? Went thru the pill and looked at some server configs, but not seeing any flags that relate to a "No teamgame starts" error when trying to join. Part of the wiki I missed? Looking thru posts too my guess is I'm missing some additional pwads. Is there a quick walkthru or part of the wiki I missed on additional files I need to play these modes?

penguin

Re: CTF server wiki??

Post by penguin » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:25 am

Code: Select all

No teamgame starts
This is because of the map.
This error is caused by a spawn spot not being placed for a team game.

A compatible map and skulltag_content-3.0-beta01.pk3 are required.

SoulRenovation
New User

Post by SoulRenovation » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:22 pm

skulltag_content-3.0-beta01.pk3 are required
Awesome thanks penguin! This one threw me. I was assuming since zandronum was continued off st it was compiled in zandronum.pk3. This goes in the skins folder?
This is because of the map
Got a couple now and CTF is up and running. Understandably the levels are somewhat small. Any favorite map packs with bigger or more complex levels you can suggest?

penguin

Post by penguin » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:47 am

Awesome thanks penguin! This one threw me. I was assuming since zandronum was continued off st it was compiled in zandronum.pk3. This goes in the skins folder?
Don't use the skin folder.
Got a couple now and CTF is up and running. Understandably the levels are somewhat small. Any favorite map packs with bigger or more complex levels you can suggest?
I don't know much about maps, so please start a new thread or ask someone else on Discord or something.