Issue with two monitors

General help and assistance forum.
Peppy
New User

Issue with two monitors

Post by Peppy » Thu May 28, 2020 8:30 am

The forum for Mega Man 8Bit Deathmatch isn't very active and I've still not gotten any advice that has fixed my issue yet, so I figure I'd ask the greater Zandronum community, as the game runs on this.

I always have to run in windowed mode because I have two monitors, my primary on the right monitor, but if I ever set it to fullscreen it always shows itself half on my left monitor and a bit stretching over the right, despite both monitors being the same resolution and having them set to said resolution when I switch to fullscreen. Is there a way to get the game on my primary monitor on the right, and have it fit properly?

This is what it's like when I do fullscreen at the moment. You can see it doesn't split evenly down the middle, part of the screen leaks onto the next monitor.

(The picture is below, but it's really big here so if you wanna open in another tab here's its link- https://i.imgur.com/rAontmE.png)

Peppy
New User

Re: Issue with two monitors

Post by Peppy » Sat May 30, 2020 5:49 am

Hey, I solved my issue! To select the monitor you wish to set to your primary one for fullscreen, do vid_listadapters to list them, and then vid_adapter to set it!

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Sat May 30, 2020 10:38 am

I have this issue as well. It might be something to make a tracker ticket about but I have been too lazy to bother tbh.
I'm curious about what OS you're running, as it in my case is linux.

Peppy
New User

Post by Peppy » Sat May 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Lollipop wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:38 am
I have this issue as well. It might be something to make a tracker ticket about but I have been too lazy to bother tbh.
I'm curious about what OS you're running, as it in my case is linux.
I'm on Win10, but I just got it fixed in my last reply!

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Sun May 31, 2020 5:01 pm

Weird. I could have sworn that there was no reply when I wrote mine. Shit gets yanky though TOR though.
I get "multi-monitor support unavailable" when I try to list the adapters, so I guess I'm just fucked then. Or I'll have to simply disable a monitor. Maybe I can do a hackaround to get it to work properly by disabling the other monitor, setting zan up, enabling it again and maybe it will work if I'm lucky.

Kinda a shitload of fuck though.

Peppy
New User

Post by Peppy » Sun May 31, 2020 7:03 pm

Lollipop wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 5:01 pm
Weird. I could have sworn that there was no reply when I wrote mine. Shit gets yanky though TOR though.
I get "multi-monitor support unavailable" when I try to list the adapters, so I guess I'm just fucked then. Or I'll have to simply disable a monitor. Maybe I can do a hackaround to get it to work properly by disabling the other monitor, setting zan up, enabling it again and maybe it will work if I'm lucky.

Kinda a shitload of fuck though.
Yeesh, that sucks. I hope you find a way to get it fixed, it's a shame it's pretty janky on that front. I'd suggest making your own thread for this with your OS in the title if you haven't already, maybe someone will be able to help.