Unresolved Connection for LAN Game

General help and assistance forum.
BrutalCow
Registered just to make one post

Unresolved Connection for LAN Game

Post by BrutalCow » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:24 pm

So the other day my sister and I were trying to set up a LAN game between our laptops on our WiFi.

I set up my server through Doomseeker, just like always.
The session showed up in her server browser, but whenever she tried to connect, her console would repeatedly print this message:

connecting to [IP ADDRESS]...

But her client would never connect. No acknowledgement of her IP (or any) in the server console either.

My first instinct was that one of us didn't have device discovery enabled for the home WiFi. Sure enough, hers was set to Public in Windows 10. We tried again, but the same issue persisted.

I went through the other usual items on the checklist:
Run an instance without custom wads,
Redownload the latest stable build of Zandronum to ensure that our clients were the same,
Start the server from Zandronum proper instead of going through Doomseeker.

But nothing worked.
Of course I can always use The Sentinel hosting, but I really want to figure out why LAN isn't working. Both computers were running Windows 10.
Any ideas you all could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Schmeckledorf
Registered just to make one post

Re: Unresolved Connection for LAN Game

Post by Schmeckledorf » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:09 am

I made an account to ask this question too, I've tried messing about with port forwarding and UPnP and after looking through the forums I can't seem to see a post talking about it. If there is anybody who knows anything about what's going wrong, it would be also be appreciated