Glitch : I can't raise a pool of water

General help and assistance forum.
Abashi76
New User

Glitch : I can't raise a pool of water

Post by Abashi76 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:03 pm

I found a glitch in Doom (at least zdoom) that doesn't allow me to change the texture to the dumby sector I used to raise the floor to and then change texture. It changes the texture to a surrounding wood floor for some strange reason, while the nearest floor is silver. I wasn't even able to get it to work when I add a small sector for water. The function does recognize the dumby sector in terms of floor height, but not texture. I tried everything but it won't work, and it should.

Is it a new feature that won't allow tricks that work on Vanilla? This is completely random, I used the right function (not the donut one) and it doesn't work. Do any of you need a screenshot? Basically it's a pool with silver walls with the floor that is FLAT4. I made a dumby sector that has water, and I merged sectors correctly. The tags are all correct as well, and I remembered to add a water dumby sector next to my pool sector. For some reason it always changes the texture to the wood floor, than is unless I make the entire room have a water texture.

I just wanted to invent a trick where water rises above a vent as a special effect because I never seen it before, and it should work in Vanilla doom.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/4 ... r-raising/

-somebody says it used the floor adjacent to the switch

Fused
Contributor

Re: Glitch : I can't raise a pool of water

Post by Fused » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 am

code pls
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Maybe the linedef is facing the wrong way, towards the wood floor?
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:56 am

Is the main sector and the dummy sector physically the same sector or do they just share the same tag?