These instructions are for server administrators wanting to host a Brutal Doom v20b Hell on Earth server. The configurations you change here will be pushed down to your players clients, since they are unable to change them themselves. Brutal Doom v21 has significantly different options, but I suspect the procedures would be similar when using Doomseeker to create servers.
WADs Used - In order
When a Brutal Doom v20b Server is started all "Brutal Doom Options" are greyed out on the client side and cant be changed by the player.
To change the "Brutal Doom Options" for multiplayer games conduct the following steps.
- On the machine that is hosting the server, go to the following directory "...\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Zandronum\"
- If the directory in question doesn't exist, you are trying to find the following file "zandronum-%USERNAME%.ini"
- Open the following file in a text editor. "zandronum-%USERNAME%.ini"
- Do a find for the following string "[Doom.NetServerInfo.Mod]"
- First we want to change the following variable from 1 to 0. This will enable the Brutal Doom Options and allow changes to be put into effect.
- Enable Brutal Doom Options "isrunningzandronum=0" --- 0 = True (Yes), 1 = False (No)
- Now we can make changes to the following settings and have them take effect for the clients playing on your server
- Blood Amount "zdoombrutalblood=2" --- 1 = Realistic, 2 = Brutal (Default), 3 = Edgy as Fuck, 4 = Japanese Cartoon, 666 = Overdrawn at the Bloodbank
- Enable Janitor "zdoombrutaljanitor=0" --- 1 = True (Yes), 0 = False (No)
- Enable Shotgun Strap Physics "zdoombd_shotgunstrap=0" --- 1 = True (Yes), 0 = False (No)
- Vanilla Monsters "bd_classicmonsters=0" --- 1 = True (Yes), 0 = False (No)
- Enable Bullet Penetration "bd_nobulletpenetration=1" --- 1 = True (Yes), 0 = False (No)
- Disable Advanced Decorative Objects "bd_disabledecorations=0" --- 1 = True (Yes), 0 = False (No)
- After you have made the changes you desire, save the file, start your server and test on a client machine.