Bypass IWAD selection menu in bat file? (SOLVED)

General help and assistance forum.
NatParable
New User

Bypass IWAD selection menu in bat file? (SOLVED)

Post by NatParable » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:11 pm

Hey guys, i'm new to using Doom source ports. I currently have Brutal Doom installed into Zandronum, and I have a .bat file that will load Zandronum with Brutal Doom:

Code: Select all

@echo off
start zandronum.exe -file BD21RC7.pk3
So far so good, the mod loads with Zandronum. However, because I have both Doom 1 and Doom 2 installed via Steam, I get the IWAD selection menu whenever Zandronum opens.

Is there a way to bypass this menu and load a specific IWAD through the .bat file? Right now I have a desktop shortcut pointing to the bat file with a fancy Brutal Doom icon, and I was hoping to have separate bat files/shortcuts for each version of Doom (as well as any mods that only work in a specific version of Doom).

If it helps, I have Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, and Master Levels for Doom 2, all installed via Steam.
Last edited by NatParable on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empyre
Zandrone

Re: Bypass IWAD selection menu in bat file?

Post by Empyre » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:12 am

Try something like this:

Code: Select all

@echo off
c:
cd \zandronum
start zandronum.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file BD21RC7.pk3 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
The -iwad part will (I hope) choose the iwad, and %1 etc. will let you drag-and-drop up to 9 files to be loaded after BD. If you are using a command line, type the batch file name followed by the names of the files you want to load, including the extension.

If you aren't using the c:\zandronum folder for your wads, edit those lines in the batch file as needed.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

NatParable
New User

Re: Bypass IWAD selection menu in bat file?

Post by NatParable » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:23 pm

Oh hey that worked! Thank you!