How to get a vanilla DOOM 2 campaign coop experience? [No idea how to edit the command line and more]

General help and assistance forum.
YumSoup
Registered just to make one post

How to get a vanilla DOOM 2 campaign coop experience? [No idea how to edit the command line and more]

Post by YumSoup » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:39 pm

For context, me and my friend just want to play classic vanilla DOOM 2 campaign in a two player coop. Im hosting it on my server, we have gotten the port forward and server to connect and such. I am the host.

I have searched far and wide, yet Google has given not a single result on how to edit the command line for a vanilla coop experience.

Firstly, I need a way to remove deathmatch weapons. I've seen people say theyve done it and its possible, but not how to do it.

Secondly, I've found the parameter

Code: Select all

sv_coop_spactorspawn 1
that I need to put into the command line. I know how to view the command line for my server before I start it, but how the hell do I add something to it.

I'd really appreciate any help, as I am flabberghasted at how hard it is just for a completely unchanged, vanilla multiplayer experience of DOOM2.

WaTaKiD
Master Server Admin

Re: How to get a vanilla DOOM 2 campaign coop experience? [No idea how to edit the command line and more]

Post by WaTaKiD » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:35 pm

the commandline is for starting the server, if you want to change settings once the server is up then you use rcon

this page lists dmflags https://wiki.zandronum.com/DMFlags and to disable deathmatch weapons you would be looking for sv_noweaponspawn 1

https://wiki.zandronum.com/Command_Line_Parameters has the parameter 'Commands' which shows how to add things like dmflags to the commandline, so if you want to disable all types of multiplayer only monsters and such using the commandline, then it would be +sv_coop_spactorspawn 1

Empyre
Zandrone

Re: How to get a vanilla DOOM 2 campaign coop experience? [No idea how to edit the command line and more]

Post by Empyre » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:56 am

By using Doomseeker to launch your server, you can do almost everything you can do with a command line, but with an easy-to-use user interface to help you.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."