slow download trought wadseeker.

General help and assistance forum.
oddbenk
New User

slow download trought wadseeker.

Post by oddbenk » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:16 pm

Hy there!

I'm having problems with mod downloads trought the wadseeker.
It's downloading with 99kB/s however my internet connection is i know maybe not the best but still good. Here is a speedtest pic.

My question is the problem might be with the server or something within my settings?

Thanks!

Zalewa
Developer

Re: slow download trought wadseeker.

Post by Zalewa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:04 am

Wadseeker logs download URLs when it downloads specific files, try looking for lines like this one:

Code: Select all

Started downloading file "av.wad" from URL "http://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=av.wad"
If you put the URL that's causing you issues into the browser is the download speed any better?

oddbenk
New User

Post by oddbenk » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:52 am

sadly not. and usually trought wadseeker it's stops at 99.9% and then reconnects to try to download it again and its doing it in a loop.
but if i download the specified wad with URL i just need to move that file to which folder inside zandronum?

Zalewa
Developer

Post by Zalewa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:35 am

oddbenk wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:52 am
sadly not.
So, if the problem is reproducible through your browser then I'd either blame the server or I'd recommend calling your ISP and reporting the problem to them. I have UPC too and some time ago I had problems connecting to zandronum.com and that was the only site I had problems connecting to. The tech guy couldn't solve the problem, but I got a call some months later asking if it's any better now and eventually things got fixed.
oddbenk wrote: and usually trought wadseeker it's stops at 99.9% and then reconnects to try to download it again and its doing it in a loop.
Wadseeker just tries another URL from another host. There's no mechanism to retry the same one.
oddbenk wrote: but if i download the specified wad with URL i just need to move that file to which folder inside zandronum?
To one of the folders where Doomseeker finds the WADs from. If that's the same as your Zandronum folder, then yes.

oddbenk
New User

Post by oddbenk » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:33 pm

thank you sir for your reply's! however downloading trought browser works just fine! again. thank you!