Cannot be run-doom2.wad (Doomseeker)

General help and assistance forum.
diags187
New User
Clan: Team Badass
Clan Tag: TBA

Cannot be run-doom2.wad (Doomseeker)

Post by diags187 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:08 pm

So I got a new hard drive and went to get doom up and running on multiplayer and I encountered this issue (pic related). When I go to search for the .wad it doesn't appear anywhere. Another thing which this might not be the place to help but whenever I run brutal doom it loads the original doom 2 just with the brutal doom guns and monsters. Not sure what happened I had it running fine then one day up out of no where it started loading doom 2 instead of brutal doom. I have searched quite a bit for the past few months and also asked peeps if they had any idea's with no luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sean
IRC Operator

Re: Cannot be run-doom2.wad (Doomseeker)

Post by Sean » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:47 pm

To fix the "cannot be run" issue, ensure your Doomseeker actually points to zandronum.exe:
I'm going to assume it's I:\Zandronum\zandronum.exe for you, based on the path you have everything in.
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

diags187
New User

Post by diags187 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Okay awesome that worked thanks. Any idea's on the brutal doom loading doom 2 with the brutal doom monsters and guns?

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:30 pm

The simplest way is to drag brutal doom onto the Zandronum executable. A much more powerful and flexible way is to use a launcher. Zandronum comes with a launcher called Doomseeker. You can use Doomseeker to join a Zandronum server, or create a server or single-player game with the Create Game button near the top.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

diags187
New User

Post by diags187 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 pm

That's what I usually do. I installed GZDoom last night and tried to run brutal doom that way and the same thing is happening. I will drag the brutal doom wad file on top of GZDoom and Zandronum (as I always have) and it keeps booting into Doom 2 Hell of Earth. I have the brutal doom weapons and the brutal doom monsters are their but the levels are from Doom 2 Hell on Earth. I've played through brutal doom a few times with no problems and one day I went to play it started booting into Doom 2 Hell on Earth. I did nothing different then I usually do I am pretty lost at this point. I have asked pretty much anyone and searched google top to bottom and everything and everyone just tells me to drag it on the Zandronum or GZDoom executable.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 pm

For GZDoom (and several other Doom ports, probably even Zandronum for single-player), use ZDL.
https://zdoom.org/wiki/ZDL
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."