Server-side demos

General help and assistance forum.
Const
New User

Server-side demos

Post by Const » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi,

I remember there was feature request and some work done on implementing server-side demos.
Are they implemented?
If yes, how to enable it? If no, is anything I can do to help implement it as a dev with some knowledge of C++, but no knowledge of zandronum architecture?

I ask because I work on implementing matchmaking and player rating system (it is really early in development right now). And I think it would be nice to automatically record demos on servers with the rating system enabled.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Re: Server-side demos

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Const wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:39 pm
I remember there was feature request and some work done on implementing server-side demos.
Are they implemented?
No, we haven't implemented server side demos so far.
Const wrote:
If yes, how to enable it? If no, is anything I can do to help implement it as a dev with some knowledge of C++, but no knowledge of zandronum architecture?
If you are interested in helping out, that would be great. I can sketch how server side demos could be implemented into our architecture and then you can have a look at our code to see if that looks feasible.
Const wrote:
I ask because I work on implementing matchmaking and player rating system (it is really early in development right now). And I think it would be nice to automatically record demos on servers with the rating system enabled.
Sounds promising!

Const
New User

Re: Server-side demos

Post by Const » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Torr Samaho wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:41 pm
If you are interested in helping out, that would be great. I can sketch how server side demos could be implemented into our architecture and then you can have a look at our code to see if that looks feasible.
That would be great, thank you. Although, I probably will not have time to work on demos until July.