Doomseeker and Map Ending

General help and assistance forum.
Talthos

Doomseeker and Map Ending

Post by Talthos » Thu May 31, 2018 12:15 am

So, I want to go about hosting a server via Doomseeker, that uses a playlist to make all the Doom 1 Episodes play as though they were one really long Episode.

However, I want to avoid the damage area at the end of E1M8: Phobos Anomaly, and make it so that entering the teleporter after the two bosses makes the level end right away, instead of having to sit through a ton of damage, and be at less than 10 health upon spawning at E2M1: Deimos Anomaly.

Anyone know how I would go about doing this?

Tiger
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Re: Doomseeker and Map Ending

Post by Tiger » Thu May 31, 2018 1:48 pm

Talthos wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:15 am
So, I want to go about hosting a server via Doomseeker, that uses a playlist to make all the Doom 1 Episodes play as though they were one really long Episode.

However, I want to avoid the damage area at the end of E1M8: Phobos Anomaly, and make it so that entering the teleporter after the two bosses makes the level end right away, instead of having to sit through a ton of damage, and be at less than 10 health upon spawning at E2M1: Deimos Anomaly.

Hallo,

Hopefully SVDoom is what you are looking for.

Regards,
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Talthos

Post by Talthos » Thu May 31, 2018 8:43 pm

Edit: Did not mean to double-post, sorry.
Last edited by Talthos on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Talthos

Post by Talthos » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:09 am

Tiger wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:48 pm
Talthos wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:15 am

Hallo,

Hopefully SVDoom is what you are looking for.

Regards,
Sadly, that's not quite what I'm looking for. I want the teleporter change to work in Zandronum; I've even seen it work on a server called "Govik's Realm".

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:24 pm

Talthos wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:09 am
Sadly, that's not quite what I'm looking for. I want the teleporter change to work in Zandronum; I've even seen it work on a server called "Govik's Realm".
Hallo,

I do not understand what you mean by "Teleporter change to work in Zandronum"? Do mean that SVDoom does not also work with Zandronum?

Regards,
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:19 pm

SVDoom does not change the teleporter exit in E1M8, but it does give you 100% health and a pistol start in E2M1.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Talthos

Post by Talthos » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Empyre wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:19 pm
SVDoom does not change the teleporter exit in E1M8, but it does give you 100% health and a pistol start in E2M1.
Assuming I recall correctly, the "Govik's Realm" server I located has health and weapons carry over to E2M1, as soon as you enter the teleporter at the end of E1M8.

I'm hoping to get my server to work like that. I just wish I knew how Govik's Realm made that possible.

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:23 pm

Talthos wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:06 pm
Assuming I recall correctly, the "Govik's Realm" server I located has health and weapons carry over to E2M1, as soon as you enter the teleporter at the end of E1M8.

I'm hoping to get my server to work like that. I just wish I knew how Govik's Realm made that possible.
In that case, you are right - you will not get that effect with SVDoom. The point of SVDoom is carry over to the next episode - as one would do in a Single Player setting, but in an Online setting. What you are wanting is out of scope, but it is easy to make those changes in SVDoom itself. Just be sure that if you do make such changes, use a different filename and provide proper credits to the original works - all I ask.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Talthos

Post by Talthos » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Tiger wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:23 pm
Talthos wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:06 pm

In that case, you are right - you will not get that effect with SVDoom. The point of SVDoom is carry over to the next episode - as one would do in a Single Player setting, but in an Online setting. What you are wanting is out of scope, but it is easy to make those changes in SVDoom itself. Just be sure that if you do make such changes, use a different filename and provide proper credits to the original works - all I ask.
Is SVDoom compatible with Zandronum?

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Talthos wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:19 pm
Hallo,

Yes, it should still be compatible with all ZDoom based ports. If it is not compatible, I need to know so I can resolve it.

Regards,
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Talthos

Post by Talthos » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:51 pm

Tiger wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:17 pm
Talthos wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:19 pm
Hallo,

Yes, it should still be compatible with all ZDoom based ports. If it is not compatible, I need to know so I can resolve it.

Regards,
How would I go about configuring SVDoom?

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:32 am

Talthos wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:51 pm
How would I go about configuring SVDoom?
Hallo,

Unfortanetly, due to other demands and time constraints, I can not offer a tutorial on how to configure the ZMapInfo to your requests. You can, however, modify it yourself using SLADE and checking out the Mapinfo documentation from the ZDoom Wiki. Hopefully this helps you out. If incase you need more help, you are free to also ask over at the ZDoom forums as well.

Good luck!
Regards,
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier