Any way to limit vertical mouselook in opengl?

General help and assistance forum.
Simk

Any way to limit vertical mouselook in opengl?

Post by Simk » Tue May 15, 2018 9:00 pm

I'm used to playing in software and the only thing holding me back is that mouse look in opengl allows you to look all the way down and up, while in software there is a limit. Is there a way to apply this limit in opengl?

Konda
Forum Regular

Re: Any way to limit vertical mouselook in opengl?

Post by Konda » Tue May 15, 2018 11:42 pm

Type in console "cl_disallowfullpitch 1".

Simk

Post by Simk » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am

Ahh it seems to do what I want, sadly the view angle is still too high.. Unfortunate.

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Wed May 16, 2018 1:17 am

The max. view angle (pitch) in opengl is actually as high as in software, it's just an illusion in software mode that makes it seem like you're not looking as high up because software is bad at rendering stuff when you look up.
But you can still further decrease the maximum view pitch if you want by disabling cl_disallowfullpitch ("cl_disallowfullpitch 0") and tweaking the maxviewpitch variable. It's set to 90 degrees by default but you can set it to something like 45 or 50 if you want.

Simk

Post by Simk » Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Konda wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:17 am
The max. view angle (pitch) in opengl is actually as high as in software, it's just an illusion in software mode that makes it seem like you're not looking as high up because software is bad at rendering stuff when you look up.
But you can still further decrease the maximum view pitch if you want by disabling cl_disallowfullpitch ("cl_disallowfullpitch 0") and tweaking the maxviewpitch variable. It's set to 90 degrees by default but you can set it to something like 45 or 50 if you want.
The behavior actually feels very different while rocket jumping tho. However I will play with it, Thanks a lot!