All games keeps crashing, how do I fix?

General help and assistance forum.
Bildo
New User
Clan: 1clanman
Clan Tag: loneric

All games keeps crashing, how do I fix?

Post by Bildo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:36 am

It worked twice I played 2 games fine, I changed the resolution and the video mode to open GL and it worked then I logged out the game and tried to get in another and that and 7 more crashed they all crash. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling zandodoom and still the same crash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bildo
New User

Re: All games keeps crashing, how do I fix?

Post by Bildo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:08 pm

here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NEWSDAVIDBR
New User

Post by NEWSDAVIDBR » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:54 am

Hmm. Are you using Iwads? That doesnt look like an Iwad to me.
I NEED MUSHROOM TO LIVE!!!!

Bildo
New User

Post by Bildo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:17 am

NEWSDAVIDBR wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:54 am
Hmm. Are you using Iwads? That doesnt look like an Iwad to me.
I don't know what an L wad is sir, is it something you put in your jeans to enhance your masculinity for women?

Ive managed to get it working by deleting the folder then copying the folder from my old ghard drive that worked. It now works but without hardwhere acceleration so a fog of pixels. BUT I am afraid that if I turn on open GL again it will not allow me to start a game again or turn off open GL.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Bildo wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:17 am
I don't know what an L wad is
That wasn't an L, it was a capital I. An iwad has all the data for a game. Examples of iwads are doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad, plutonia.wad, etc. In order to play, you must have an iwad. Then you can add one or more pwads to add custom maps and/or a gameplay mod. I know the P in pwad stands for patch, but I don't know what the I in iwad stands for. I have heard that WAD stands for "Where's All the Data?". Both kinds of wads will have a .wad extension.

It has just occurred to me that you might already know this and was just making a joke. I'll post this anyway, just in case.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Bildo
New User

Post by Bildo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Empyre wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:27 pm
Bildo wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:17 am
I don't know what an L wad is
That wasn't an L, it was a capital I. An iwad has all the data for a game. Examples of iwads are doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad, plutonia.wad, etc. In order to play, you must have an iwad. Then you can add one or more pwads to add custom maps and/or a gameplay mod. I know the P in pwad stands for patch, but I don't know what the I in iwad stands for. I have heard that WAD stands for "Where's All the Data?". Both kinds of wads will have a .wad extension.

It has just occurred to me that you might already know this and was just making a joke. I'll post this anyway, just in case.
thankyou sir I have no idea what you are talking about , but how do I get I wads and how do I get it to work? Kind regards

I played doom for ages fine but just turned on the open gl and it crashed again and I cant get into a game to turn it off

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Bildo wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:28 pm
I played doom for ages fine but just turned on the open gl and it crashed again and I cant get into a game to turn it off
If you want to turn off opengl without starting the game first, go to your Zandronum folder and find zandronum.ini or zandronum-[username].ini where [username] is the name of your windows user. Open the file in notepad or a text editor of your choice, and find the first line in the file which says "vid_renderer". The line should look like this:

Code: Select all

vid_renderer=1
Change that to this:

vid_renderer=0
and save the file. Now when you run Zandronum again it should start in software mode.

Since running Zandronum in opengl causes it to crash, there might be something wrong with your graphics card driver. Try to update the graphics card driver, maybe opengl will work after that.

Bildo
New User

Post by Bildo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Konda wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:56 pm
Bildo wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:28 pm
If you want to turn off opengl without starting the game first, go to your Zandronum folder and find zandronum.ini or zandronum-[username].ini where [username] is the name of your windows user. Open the file in notepad or a text editor of your choice, and find the first line in the file which says "vid_renderer". The line should look like this:

vid_renderer=1
Change that to this:

vid_renderer=0
and save the file. Now when you run Zandronum again it should start in software mode.

Since running Zandronum in opengl causes it to crash, there might be something wrong with your graphics card driver. Try to update the graphics card driver, maybe opengl will work after that.
Thankyou sir it worked perfectly, you are a genius and a legend! I love you, you even got it right about the card I forgot to install the drivers after a format !