"Path=$PROGDIR/" Doesn't Seem To Work under "[Global.Autoload]"

General help and assistance forum.
EternallyAries
New User

"Path=$PROGDIR/" Doesn't Seem To Work under "[Global.Autoload]"

Post by EternallyAries » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Hello, I'm new to the forums, but I've been using Zandronum for about a couple years now. I decided recently to create a portable Zandronum so I can use it on any computer as I wish. Everything has so far worked flawlessly besides this one area.

[Global.Autoload]
"Path=$PROGDIR/WAD's Files/*.wad"

But the problem is that it doesn't load any wad's at all within that folder. I tried this very same command in GZDoom to see if that works. And surprisingly it loads the wad's flawlessly.
It does seem to load the files just fine when I type this directory instead though:

[Global.Autoload]
"Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zandronum And Doom Seeker\Zandronum\WAD's Files/*.wad"

Which it works fine and dandy, but if I truly want an easy portable experience, I would need the "Path=$PROGDIR/" command to make it load anywhere on any computer. Is there any alternate command that does nearly the same as "$PROGDIR/" that will work under [Global.Autoload] ?, or am I out of luck on this one?

EternallyAries
New User

Re: "Path=$PROGDIR/" Doesn't Seem To Work under "[Global.Autoload]"

Post by EternallyAries » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:30 am

I suppose, due to nobody responding, I guess there's no alternate command that replicates "Path=$PROGDIR/" Maybe one day in the future it'll get added.