Need help hosting a server with Bell Internet!

General help and assistance forum.
cowmilker69
New User

Need help hosting a server with Bell Internet!

Post by cowmilker69 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:29 am

As much as it pains me to add yet another topic about "server help" to the plethora of others, I don't know if there is any other option for me at this point. After reading countless posts about this on these forums, skulltag forums, and even doomworld forums I still did not find the answer to my struggle.

SO, I want to host a server. I have basic knowledge of how this works because I HAVE HOSTED MANY SERVERS IN THE PAST. But that was well over 6 years ago and now it seems as things have perhaps got more complicated. I am on Bell internet running on Home Hub 2000 I believe. Can someone who is running the same setup tell me how you have your ports forwarded? With Bell you have to define internal ports and external ports which is unfamiliar to me cause usually it just required a range. So what I have is Internal ports 10666-10700 and external is the same thing, protocol is UDP. Is this okay? ???

When I launch a server I noticed in the console just after it says UDP initialized, it says "Error adding port mapping: Fail to add port mapping (test/UDP)" I have not seen a forum that addressed this message, but I'm assuming it has to do with my port forwarding. :hmm:

I have added an exception to my firewall, messed around with the port forwarding for DAYS but I still cannot get anyone to see my server.(forgot to mention I can see it and join it no problem). I know yall are probably sick and tired of seeing these same posts over and over again but this is truly a bummy situation. Thanks to all who reply in advance. :smile: