Need some help/fatal bug with zandronum

General help and assistance forum.
Akenore
New User

Need some help/fatal bug with zandronum

Post by Akenore » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:20 pm

Using the Doom Launcher, I was getting ready to load up some Ancient Aliens with complex/lca with the Zandronum engine. Everything loads up fine. it goes to the Doom 2 title screen. Problem is there's no title screen. There's the usual background and credits to the guys who helped build the game but the menu just straight up isn't there. I don't even have a cursor. There is no error message or anything, there's just nothing to click on or with.

I tried loading doom with PRBOOM and everything worked fine, which made me believe zandronum was screwed up somehow. Anyone know of this bug? Is there a way to fix it?

Lollipop
Zandrone

Re: Need some help/fatal bug with zandronum

Post by Lollipop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:13 pm

I know this sounds stupid but have you tried clicking the esc button when on the main menu?
Furthermore, which operating system are you using? If you run on a GNU/Linux machine then you're basically fucked.

Any additional clarifying information you might have would be helpful as well. :)

Akenore
New User

Post by Akenore » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:14 am

Lollipop wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:13 pm
I know this sounds stupid but have you tried clicking the esc button when on the main menu?
Furthermore, which operating system are you using? If you run on a GNU/Linux machine then you're basically fucked.

Any additional clarifying information you might have would be helpful as well. :)
Haha, yeah I've basically tried hitting every key on the mouse and keyboard and nothing works. It just stays like that. my operating system is windows 8, no linux to be seen.

what information would help resolve this? I'll try my best to answer any question

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:49 am

To be honest I have little to no idea what else could be of the matter.

Useful information could include the entirety of the hardware your computer is comprised of and whether or not your windows is an upgrade from an older version or if it is a fresh install. I can honestly not think of anything else as I don't develop the engine.
It would be useful if someone with a greater knowledge base about this kind of problems would chime in.

Akenore
New User

Post by Akenore » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm using windows 8.1, although that may not be the issue. Zandronum worked fine before.

Ah, this may be important. I was messing around with Zandronum the other day, I changed a setting to openGL in the video format settings. I don't know if that has anything to do with this but thats the last thing I did before it stopped working.

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:22 pm

If that is the case, then backup your .ini file somewhere and make sure zan starts up without one. i.e. delete it, but obviously retaining the backup.

If it is an issue with your user settings in any way, then this should fix it.

Akenore
New User

Post by Akenore » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:03 am

I'll try that. LCA is one of my favorite mods and I kinda have to play it again, lol.