Questions regarding the skybox behavior in Zandronum

General help and assistance forum.
ReL0aDed
New User

Questions regarding the skybox behavior in Zandronum

Post by ReL0aDed » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:21 am

First let me say that Zandronum is my preferred way to re-live the classic Doom games, as this source port enables LAN-multiplayer and a whole lot of options in general to enhance the overall experience while playing Doom.

That being said, there is one thing that I haven't figured out yet in this Doom source port. The original Doom skybox (with hills and skies in the background) in Zandronum has some kind of effect that makes the pixels at the center-portion of the skybox appear thin compared to the stretched-out pixels that can be observed at both the far left and far right of the skybox. In that way, strafing/moving left- and right while staring at the skybox it's easy to spot that the skybox has that effect with different pixel-width depending on where you look.

Are the any commands/options I can adjust to just make the skybox appear maybe flat and "boring" with the same pixel-width on all it's pixels? I have searched the net/documentation a bit regarding this issue, but as of now I haven't found any solution to this (if there currently is any).

Komodo

Re: Questions regarding the skybox behavior in Zandronum

Post by Komodo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:23 am

Is it just the sky or is everything you look at behaving that way? Type "fov 90" no quotes in console and see if that changes anything.

ReL0aDed
New User

Post by ReL0aDed » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Only the skies that behaves that way; the FOV is at 90 by default at my setup. In that way, the skybox looks out of place compared to rest of the the in-game graphics.

ReL0aDed
New User

Post by ReL0aDed » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:52 am

A picture tells more than 1000 words; here you go:

It's easy to spot that in this case that the pixels on the far left- and far right in the skybox appear wider than they should, in other words stretched.

If I move a bit the skybox becomes somewhat altered, with the thin pixels in the middle and stretched ones at both the left- and right side of the screen.

Any suggestions (is there is any way via console or such) to how to make the pixels even or at least the same width all around in the skybox in Zandronum?