What is Complex Doom and why is that all I see on Doomseeker?

General help and assistance forum.
Hotshot!
New User

What is Complex Doom and why is that all I see on Doomseeker?

Post by Hotshot! » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:45 am

Came back from an awfully long break from dooming and thought I might update and play some of my favorite classic wads now that I have some downtime. Problem is....where are all the classic wads? Vacation wad, Shogun Trogun, Destination Unknown, Hotel wad, and hell, even Cacocorruption is lost. All I see is "Complex Doom" as almost every other server. Is this a bug? If so how do I fix it so I can play some classic doom wads

Konda
Forum Regular

Re: What is Complex Doom and why is that all I see on Doomseeker?

Post by Konda » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:52 am

How 2 fix:
Step 1. Use the search feature in your server browser to find a vanilla server
Step 2. If step 1 failed, visit allfearthesentinel.net to have mifu automatically host your server
Step 3. If step 2 failed, host it yourself
Welcome back and happy dooming

Fused
Contributor

Re: What is Complex Doom and why is that all I see on Doomseeker?

Post by Fused » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 am

Complex Doom is the most popular mod at the moment. People simply prefer Complex Doom over anything else right now, and as soon as a new mod is released that catches people their eyes, they will probably move onto that one. Like Konda said, you can very easily host your own server at https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/host.php (just be sure to make an account). This can all be done on the website because of the great effort of the team there.

Hope that helps. I WILL lock this thread, because this subject is quite controversial most of the time, and I've seen enough of it already.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image