[SOLVED]Zandromun Windowed Screen Not Centered

General help and assistance forum.
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

[SOLVED]Zandromun Windowed Screen Not Centered

Post by fr blood » Sun May 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Hey guys I don't know how that problem started but I could say that it is present since I tried to use that new ZCC 1.5 for Zandronum 3.0 beta.

Anyway when I play Zandronum I prefer to have my screen windowed instead of full-screen to do other things around. But since a day the windowed screens is totally messed up and that on both 3.0b and 2.1.2.
Here is a screenshot:
Spoiler: Here is a screenshot: (Open)
As you can see above the "multiplayer options" sub-menu isn't showing properly and it's the same all round the screen. So when I play online I'm unable to see player messages without opening the consoles.
I've tried changing the video resolutions, uninstalling and reinstalling, reseting all the options without succes but when I tried it with GZDoom here there weren't any problem.

I would like to know if any of you guys already had that problem in the past and if yes how to fix it.
Last edited by fr blood on Tue May 16, 2017 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Re: Zandromun Windowed Screen Not Centered

Post by Catastrophe » Sun May 14, 2017 7:05 pm

But since a day the windowed screens is totally messed up and that on both 3.0b and 2.1.2.
Even with a clean config?

Edit: As in, actually deleting your config and letting Zandronum create a new default one?

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sun May 14, 2017 7:37 pm

Yes, I've downloaded Zandronum 2.1 again and put it in a new folder and it happened again.
But I noticed that the problem is present only with OpenGL and not with Software renderer.

EDIT: I've tested it with GZdoom 1.8.6 and the problem also happened here so I guess that it's a problem of compability between windows & the old OpenGL, they fixed that problem for the next versions but anyway I need a way to fix this for Zandronum, it's actualy unplayable.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue May 16, 2017 5:51 am

I've found that the gl_renderer on Zandronum/GZDoom 1.8.6 is used by my graphic card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 when GZdoom 2.2 uses NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M.
Any idea on how I could change which graphic card will be used for it?

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Tue May 16, 2017 6:00 am

I personally just have the intel integrated graphics disable via device manager. That might force it to use your nvidia card instead.

fr blood

Re: [SOLVED]Zandromun Windowed Screen Not Centered

Post by fr blood » Tue May 16, 2017 6:04 am

I've found a solution, the last drivers of my Intel HD Graphic 530 was bad. So I've downgraded it to an older version and the problem has been solved.

So if you guys got the same problem in the future you now what to do.