Unable to connect to servers, zandronum only problem.

General help and assistance forum.
Lollipop
Zandrone

Unable to connect to servers, zandronum only problem.

Post by Lollipop » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a pickle.

My home has gotten better internet by changeing ISP to our old ISP's child company, but now I can't connect to zandronum servers. It worked once today after I tried connecting to a server with another game, so I thought it was some config problem of sorts, but appearently not since the problem has just reappeared.

When I try to join a server zan will open up as usual and gets to connecting to the server, but will write "Connecting to <IP:port>" every two seconds or so, and appears to do so indefinitely.

It doesn't appear to be a problem with my machine, as this is the machine I have used to play doom online since skulltag 97d, and my ubuntu laptop has the same problem.
I tried fresh ini, zan 2.1.2 and a 3.0 build, checking firewall and even disabling it and even freed space on my hard drive (2GB free). I even logged into the router to see if anything was messed up there, which didn't appear to be the case.

The only important detail is that I can see in the IRC logs that before the ISP change, the hostname on my connection could be resolved, which is no longer the case. Can this perhaps be important?

What are your thoughts on my problem? It annoys me that I can't get into servers, especially since it worked once before I went to eat dinner.

Thanks on forehand.

EDIT:
There is also a specific website my internet can't access, but can be accessed using 4G on a smartphone. So it is probably the ISP, who I'm going to contact tomorrow. I'll update this topic when applicable.