My friend cant connect to my server on doomseeker...

General help and assistance forum.
DaRealSaber
Registered just to make one post

My friend cant connect to my server on doomseeker...

Post by DaRealSaber » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:44 pm

I was going to start a server, so i sent my IP to my friend, he did through custom servers, and he could see my server, however, there was a big mark on my server on his end that said <NO RESPONSE> so i tried port forwarding, same deal, then i went to Hamachi, and did the things still, <NO RESPONSE> We both use wired internet so i don't know what is going on and how to fix it. funny thing is, when i go on custom servers and type in the server IP, i can see my server perfectly, no errors...

arkore
Forum Regular

Re: My friend cant connect to my server on doomseeker...

Post by arkore » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 am

When you start a server, the default port is 10666.

Are you sure you port forwarded 10666 TCP/UDP to your internal IP address of 192.168.0.??

Your friend shouldn't need to add your IP on his end. Your server sends a heart beat that Doomseeker will find. Your server must have config sv_updatemaster true

Zalewa
Developer

Re: My friend cant connect to my server on doomseeker...

Post by Zalewa » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:35 pm

You can find out if your server is visible to general public by following instructions here: https://wiki.zandronum.com/Game_Servers ... _my_server

Since you've already forwarded your ports, it's still possible that you might have an anti-virus or a firewall installed on your operating system that blocks incoming connections. Mind that Windows built-in firewall is set to block new programs by default.