Reporting a Player

General help and assistance forum.
HarbingerInfinit
New User

Reporting a Player

Post by HarbingerInfinit » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:53 am

I was enjoying opening my Zandronum Server until some guy named John *Something* who joined in my server, and then said anti-black slurs and then retorted to spamming degoratory terms and I noticed he switched his name constantly to other players to throw off my attempts at remedying the situation, but even with IP bans he kept coming back and ruining the experience, and then mocked me and said "no more ppl in ******'s server, i win." before leaving, his last name change was ddos ddos.

Empyre
Zandrone

Re: Reporting a Player

Post by Empyre » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:28 am

A very similar thing happened on my server. It was likely the same person. I have in my ban logs three IPs he used.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:50 am

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.
There's currently a spammer joining random servers with a proxy and spamming the hell out of it. Sadly proxy users cannot be banned that easy as they usually have a few more of them to rejoin with.
I do have an idea who it is (and no, it is not Shadowfox nor Dima. There are more people that can be like this.), but sadly with stuff like this you're gonna have to continue banning as there's not a way to track this.

My best advice is to download ZCC, and when the guy joins check his IDx through the scoreboard.
Then you could ban him using ban_idx.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:16 am

Fused wrote:My best advice is to download ZCC, and when the guy joins check his IDx through the scoreboard.
Then you could ban him using ban_idx.
There is no need for a different client to get the player id. Just call 'playerinfo' in the console.

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:15 am

Torr Samaho wrote: There is no need for a different client to get the player id. Just call 'playerinfo' in the console.
True, but in the case of a spammer I assume the console will be rather difficult to read, hence my tip.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

DR_FUZZY

Post by DR_FUZZY » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:13 pm

I've been seeing the same player hopping on my servers from time to time. The player is name spoofing and spamming chat, which drives the other players to accidentally vote ban the wrong person. Wish there was an option for the server to log IP addresses on the chat line, would make it much easier to ban the IP's. Problem is, as already mentioned, that this player is also hopping around on proxies. Would be nice if the Zandronum client made a client ID via hardware ID's to help negate easy trolling.

Burger_Betty
New User

Post by Burger_Betty » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:44 pm

This player almost always has a 200+ ping. If there were a way to restrict connections above certain ping thresholds, it would cut down dramatically on his ability to do this.

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:07 am

Just for the record, this spammer went nuts today. I banned him 20 times with ban_idx. He kept changing his IP immediately.

TSPG plans to update their guide to include recommendations that admins share their rcon with close friends that can help monitor.

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Anyone want to help against spammers, then please vote below: https://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=3000

I might submit a feature request for extending kick_idx and ban_idx to the callvote option, because currently people are callvote kicking the spammer by name and this always kicks the wrong person, because the spammer is constantly renaming himself to the same name as other players.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Initially I thought the ticket was for the callvote kick_idx/ban_idx, since it's infinitely more useful than just trying to make callvote reasons more apparent. People read the reason more than the actual vote, so making the reason stand out more as a comment wont do any good.

I did have a good laugh at the third line in the log though, this has been happening for quite some time and isn't anything new.

squiblez
New User

Post by squiblez » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:56 am

I've been experiencing the same problem for months now, and I've been seeing it happen on other servers more frequently. For a while I thought he was targeting me specifically.

doomista
Forum Regular

Post by doomista » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:00 pm

This happened to me just today and I have a rather stupid question - instead of banning a person, isn't there a setting that would just ban him from chatting?

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:09 pm

rcon ignore_idx

use playerinfo to get their idx number

doomista
Forum Regular

Post by doomista » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:03 pm

Marcaek wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:09 pm
rcon ignore_idx

use playerinfo to get their idx number
I hoped for an automatic system which is fairly common in modern titles, but this will help too, thanks

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:36 pm

An RCON console utility with a simple UI would be preferable to memorizing a million commands, there may be one around but I'm not sure.

doomista
Forum Regular

Post by doomista » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:53 am

Either console utility or something built in, like in Zdaemon. It appears that it detects too many messages per sec and it simply does not forward them to other players.