clearing GL Textures cache, model cleanup?

General help and assistance forum.
Cerebus

clearing GL Textures cache, model cleanup?

Post by Cerebus » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:04 am

I want to clear the GL Textures cache because it is taking up too much space on my hard drive and I don't know the name of the command to be put in the console. Also, when I play with PWADs with large amounts (and I mean LARGE amounts, i.e. doomcoop2-bd-hc.wad, Sunder.wad ) of enemies on screen in use with the ST_Models_complete.pk3 PWAD, it slows down my frame rate (40?-50 down from 60) and well as heat up my graphics card to as high as 75c (w/o manual fan speed settings, my graphics card is in desperate need of a cleaning), so I will need to know the command for removing dead models as well (if there is one)
Last edited by Cerebus on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
On the charge of playing the Sega Saturn port of Doom, I find myself guilty as charged LOL

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

RE: clearing GL Textures cache, model cleanup?

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:47 am

Cerebus wrote: I want to clear the GL Textures cache because it is taking up too much space on my hard drive and I don't know the name of the command to be put in the console.
AFAIK the textures are not cached to the hard drive, so the cache for them doesn't need any space on your hard drive at all. They are just cached in the GPU memory.
Cerebus wrote: Also, when I play with PWADs with large amounts (and I mean LARGE amounts, i.e. doomcoop2-bd-hc.wad, Sunder.wad ) of enemies on screen in use with the ST_Models_complete.pk3 PWAD, it slows down my frame rate (40?-50 down from 60) and well as heat up my graphics card to as high as 75c (w/o manual fan speed settings, my graphics card is in desperate need of a cleaning), so I will need to know the command for removing dead models as well (if there is one)
This doesn't sound like a cache problem, likely this are just too many things to display for your machine at once. You can try to lower some setting to increase the frame rate at the price of the visuals.