[FIXED]ARMHF Binaries available here. Server Now Available!

General help and assistance forum.
Xu3
New User

[FIXED]ARMHF Binaries available here. Server Now Available!

Post by Xu3 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:52 pm

LOOKING FOR THE BINARY??? Almost Last post.
LOOKING FOR THE SERVER BINARY??? Last Post.

Hello! I've successfully compiled zandronum on arm without sound... Pity fmod has no replacements or a wrapper than can enable sound. That's not my problem. Problem is, whenever I go ingame, I can see through ground. My guess is the brightmaps.pk3 I have is broken. I have a bunch of errors in my terminal crying about brightmaps not found in saidtexture. What rules this out a bit is the fact that I went ahead and got a brightmaps.pk3 elsewhere and installed it. Same thing. The glitch mostly occurs on the ground and happens on the same textures that glitch out, so how is it exactly glitching out when saidtexture works at saidspot but on another spot the same texture is gone giving me a HOM. I tried GL compat in ini file which does not fix this either, in software mode it's much worse. Is there something in ini file I need to change or something? I'm also getting this from my libgl library :

Code: Select all

libGL: GL_INVALID_ENUM when calling glGet<GL_BOOL>(GL_STEREO)
libGL: GL_INVALID_ENUM when calling glGet<GL_BOOL>(GL_DOUBLEBUFFER)
Over and over and over... and this is the brightmaps error i'm getting :

Brightmap 'BMINCAJ2' not found in texture 'INCAJ2'
Brightmap 'BMINCAJ3' not found in texture 'INCAJ3'
Brightmap 'BMINCAJ4' not found in texture 'INCAJ4'
And so on with the many brightmaps missing. I've tried putting the brightmaps in skins folder but that rules out any server available on the net.

Any idea of what I can do, something in ini file? Something I'm missing in brightmaps?
Here's a pic to go with it to better explain my situation : http://i63.tinypic.com/wr8y0.png
Other than that, I've tried numerous wads which was slow on the Hybrid build I made (arm mixed with x86) and they're faster than ever before. When I look through that floor, it's getting slow as hell. That's normal of course, infinite GL Rendering making terminal go crazy.

When all is fixed, I will gladly share the armhf build.

--edit--
The above errors in the code area above are now gone but the floor is still missing.
--Edit--
After thinking for quite a while, I remembered I removed this specific line to make it compile and I think it's the source of the my problem : Else it wouldn't compile.

d_main.cpp:2321:15: error: ‘_FPU_EXTENDED’ was not declared in this scope
   cw = (cw & ~_FPU_EXTENDED) | _FPU_DOUBLE;
               ^
/media/My_Passport/doomseeker-1.0_src/zandronum/src/d_main.cpp:2321:32: error: ‘_FPU_DOUBLE’ was not declared in this scope
   cw = (cw & ~_FPU_EXTENDED) | _FPU_DOUBLE;
                                ^
Last edited by Xu3 on Thu May 19, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xu3
New User

Re: Brightmap broken or something

Post by Xu3 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:35 pm

Here's the binaries in ARMHF for Zandronum and Doomseeker. http://www.cartridgeports.cf/index.php? ... -odroid.7z

Xu3
New User

Post by Xu3 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:51 pm

I fixed it with another dev, told me line 77 of nodebuild_utility

change

return angle_t(ang * rad2bam) << 1;

to

return (angle_t((int)(ang * rad2bam))) << 1;

I will re-upload new binaries sometime today.

Xu3
New User

Post by Xu3 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Here are the new binaries. The above link in the other post is now deprecated. The new link is here :
http://www.cartridgeports.cf/index.php? ... -odroid.7z

No sound yet.
Will be fixed in release 3 of 2.1.2.

Sean
IRC Operator

Re: [SOLVED!] broke but fixed, ARMHF Binaries available here.

Post by Sean » Mon May 02, 2016 2:49 pm

You're legally obliged to release the source, you know ;)
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Haze

Clan: ODROID
Clan Tag: Xu3

Post by Haze » Tue May 03, 2016 12:17 am

Thanks for letting me know, I read it now just so I don't forget anything else. The build still contains unfinished sound files so if you enable sound in cmake, it will fail to build, if you leave it as is, you can build it no problem.
Here are the sources : https://mega.nz/#!2Qow2DgQ!AZlei8gZxwBe ... y5sAerVjTw
Enjoy unfinished stuff! XD

Haze

Post by Haze » Thu May 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Server Release compiled with O3's for best optimization ARMHF for your enjoyment!
http://www.cartridgeports.cf/index.php? ... server.zip

Nothing better than an ODROID.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Re: [FIXED]ARMHF Binaries available here. Server Now Available!

Post by Torr Samaho » Fri May 20, 2016 6:10 am

Nice to see that you are working on an ARM port! Would be great if you fork my repo on bitbucket and commit your changes so that I can have a look at the diff.

BTW: Did you need to make any changes for the server? I added Raspberry Pi support for the server in Zandronum 2.1, so the server should already have been ARM compatible, but perhaps the OS and the tool chain of your ODROID have some differences to Raspbian.

Haze

Post by Haze » Fri May 20, 2016 12:51 pm

There weren't many changes. I changed line 77 of nodebuuild utility,cpp which is posted above, I then removed 3 lines that says FPU DOUBLE FPU EXTENDED because ARM is not compatible with EXTENDED. Anything about FMOD, I created a dummy file of just so the sound options menu does not crash. I made sure I put O3's in all of the compilations for best optimization. For server, I just did O3's No Sound/NoGL/NoASM and my build contains NoOpenAL but openal at the moment is broken and unusable. For sound I have to start over and not use Dummy files for FMOD since OpenAL still requires some FMOD calls for some reason... I'm trying to find out why. Those are the simple changes I made. Even if I described it all here, I can send commit just not today, I'm about to leave the house.

On it's own, GL does not work. You have to use Ptitseb's GLSHIM which he's about to implement GL_GAMMA so we can change gamma outside of the game since inside GAMMA is not working.

Just to recap what works and what does not work on ARM (MODs) :
AOW does not play fast enough in GL Mode, Software is needed to run at fullspeed, since the models in the game are sprites, still good to go.
Doomcenter does not run at all in GL mode, has 3D models, No point in playing it in software.
RGA works awesomely well.
Shotgun Frenzy does not run fullspeed in GL on SOME MAPS. Software mode is recommended.
WhoDunIt only 2 map does not work in GL Mode, the doom3 map and some other I can't recall yet. Otherwise fullspeed in GL mode.
MM8BDM well there's no models at all in this mod so GL works fullspeed.
DOOMz Works with 3 players only in GL Mode, and a highly optimizied ini file. Software mode cannot be used on this MOD.
Duel40 Why am I writing about Duel40? My first release did not like the startmap at all and would lag for 5 seconds long. It's now working as fast as ever.
RGAWW2, awesome in GL mode, fullspeed.
Brutal Doom works aweomse in GL mode DEPENDING on the wad map you chose or else software mode is needed. There are models in here but nothing that can really affect gameplay and make you die or lose.
There's more yes but that's what I tested so far.

Tomorrow, I will commit the changes in butbucket :)

I see you mentioned toolchain and raspbian. I'm using the non-homemade gcc and g++ that comes in debian repository jessie armhf. Cmake is normal aswell and i did not specify any different toolchains other than native. So I can't really give you an answer on that. You'd have to ask in the debian irc channel. Personally, I think it's a straufgtforward port of X86 GCC and G++ Cmake Cmake-GUI. Since most of the libraries are also just a straight port that works without modificiations. There's many things I compiled from X86 that works with no changes. Maybe the raspian one is the one that has the changes made to GCC and G++ to work in their favour of hardware. I've looked a little closer to the RASPI1/2 and there's little to no differences... Although some raspi binaries does not run on ODROID. No changes were made for server other than what has been said for the zan binary.

Anyways, I'm having lots of fun compiling zandronum for arm.

Haze

Post by Haze » Fri May 20, 2016 3:08 pm

What is the codename for zan 2.1.2, is it 81177c3? I think I got the wrong one forked xD

--edit-- everything seems to be in order. Not exactly finished forking.

--edit-- Yea no wrong fork. What is the codename?

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 pm

I believe you mean the changeset associated with the ZA_2.1.2 tag, which is a3663b0. Zandronum doesn't use codenames.
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Haze

Post by Haze » Sun May 22, 2016 2:54 pm

There must be something wrong with bitbucket, I'm trying to add a line to d_main.cpp after numerous attempts with different methods, I still can't frikin commit the change! It keeps saying "We had trouble committing your changes." ...What? Everything's correct and in order and I can't save it... I'll wait an hour or so and see if it changes anything. I also tried using a different file but it still does not commit.
--edit--
figured it out.
--EDIT--
LOL! it wont fork at the right spot and I have the right specific revision which is a3663b0061d5c0cf84b73dd62876cd900cfe064d but I only get zan 2.0...

Haze

Post by Haze » Thu May 26, 2016 12:22 am

NEW!!!!
http://www.cartridgeports.cf/index.php? ... -armhf.zip

Unstable Release #2.1 of Zan 2.1.2
Why Release 2.1? There's still no sound and the changes are minimal but look at 3.0! ptitseb has forked it to have sound for us! Great! But most servers use 2.1.2 sadly so compiling it is useless for now.
Why unstable?
I couldn't even find the flags I used in the normal tutorials online but in a book I have about C coding. I optimized the build with O4's and a couple other optimizations to bring you the best Zandronum Experience on your ARMHF Board. It's blazing fast and the above things that went slow before, is now playable! So the small compat list I built in the post above is now deprecated as of Release 2.1.
It's unstable because these optimizations causes more issues than it does any good. It only runs in 800x480 or lower. In this situation, used in the right places and the fact that our ARM board can take it, brings you the best speed possible. This build will not be maintained (That means don't say something does not work or bugs out. It's an unstable build)
So for that, Enjoy! And personally, as of this build, it now runs faster than on my Dual Core HP-SFF-DC5750 Stock.

Edward-san
Developer

Post by Edward-san » Thu May 26, 2016 11:01 am

Regarding the FPU_ issues, porting this changeset from ZDoom to the stable branch should fix the issue. Can you check this?

Edward-san
Developer

Post by Edward-san » Thu May 26, 2016 11:19 am

Xu3 wrote:I fixed it with another dev, told me line 77 of nodebuild_utility

change

return angle_t(ang * rad2bam) << 1;

to

return (angle_t((int)(ang * rad2bam))) << 1;

I will re-upload new binaries sometime today.

That solution can't be used, too, because it can cause problems for the x86 platforms: from this zdoom forum post:
Graf Zahl wrote: The unsigned cast uses an inlined intrinsic that performs x87 math specially tailored to that case.
The signed cast calls a function 'ftol_sse'. Which performs

0159EC82  fstp        qword ptr [esp]  
0159EC85  cvttsd2si   eax,mmword ptr [esp]  
Yes, SSE math!
So, to summarize:

- we cannot use unsigned casts, because ARM does not like them.
- we cannot use signed casts because x86-SSE and x64 do not like them.
- xs_CRoundToInt completely circumvents the floating point math units and only depends on the bit ordering in a double. And that's identical everywhere.

Haze

Post by Haze » Thu May 26, 2016 1:30 pm

Hello @Edward-San,

Usually, in everything I do, make and everything in between, I make myself clear (Which I did forget to mention)
That I do these programs and things out of pure Volunteering. My main goals are to :
Get the program working, fast or not
Has issues? Reacts different than it should? Fix these issues with minor changes.
Submit to the ARMHF Library of apps legacy or not, fast or not.

My territory in this situation is to "Modifiy & Port to foreign specifications" and help build up the library of programs available for ARMHF. I'm not actually commiting to help build the original source code of the program because that's out of my skill. I've been self taught through Q&A, Trial and Error ever since the day I owned a computer when I was a kid. If someone had the time and skills to teach me. I'd take the course with no regret but I've yet to find anything of sorts.

Onto explaining about zandronum code.
My goal is and was :
Get zandronum running on ARMHF
Had the FPU Issue, then a visual issue fixed with an unsigned cast, that you say may cause problems on X86, but I'm on arm... And the code works with the unsigned int. Does it affect gameplay? No. Does removing the FPU affect the gameplay aswell? Maybe on those special maps but I have reason to believe it's not that causing me to not be able to see 1 map out of 5 million.
So to resume...This is a legacy build. This is what I think it's classified as. Legacy Software. So exactly...Why would I fix it the way you say when everything's already working great. Why change when it's good like that? No Issues as of yet. Have you tried my binaries? Both stable and unstable?
I test my own programs before releasing it.
And lastly, my goal is to have sound on current version 2.1.2 but there seems to be a memory leak whenever I use mpg123 but that may be my fault
for hardhacking code in without knowing what they really do.... I'm not the smartest person nor am I qualified to do it, but I've been doing it for years, sucessfully. For now I can only teach myself.

I enjoy compiling zandronum for the fun of it.

Haze

Post by Haze » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:00 am

you can lock this thread, a newer thread for ARM is coming soon.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:07 am

Sure thing. I'm not gonna dump it because it could have use for someone still.