Weapon preference order

General help and assistance forum.
DevilutioN

Weapon preference order

Post by DevilutioN » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:16 am

Hey guys, hope this is in the right section.
So this is a question relating to both Skulltag AND Zandronum. And hopefully it would be the same for both.
I have my weapon swapping set to "only higher ranked" when I play FFA and CTF, however when you have the pistol it doesn't swap to the rocket launcher or BFG. Yet it swaps to the SSG, shotgun, chaingun etc. This has been bugging me for sometime. Now you'd think a rocket launcher and BFG would be higher ranked than the pistol lol. I don't know how many times I've been killed because of this.
A friend of mine told me something about weapon slots, but I don't want to mess around with that without being sure not to stuff things up.
So is there a way to change the weapon power order like you can on Odamex and Zdaemon?
<+FishSeller> DevilutioN has quit IRC ["Aye fuck you mang™!"]
<+FishSeller> BEST quit irc message EVER !
----
<@Hybrid> Rofl, he said to me "It was a social experiment"
<+Bleant> He does that social experiment again, he'll experience my dick up his hole
----

Medicris
Forum Regular

RE: Weapon preference order

Post by Medicris » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:31 am

I guess the reason for the rocket launcher was a safety feature against suicides. You'd be surprised at how often people run over weapons in the midst of firefights and suddenly find themselves firing the chaingun instead of the SSG.

As for the BFG, I'm not really sure I can explain other than to prevent accidental ammo wastage, since a single missed shot is a big letdown.

Either way, I keep "switch on pickup" off and switch to things with the number keys, it seems to give the most control over what I'm doing.

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:40 am

You'd be surprised at how often people run over weapons in the midst of firefights and suddenly find themselves firing the chaingun instead of the SSG.
Up until the Funcrusher duel servers disabled autoswitch, I bound a mouse button to switch to the SSG. If you press a weapon selection key while your current weapon is lowering, it'll skip straight to the weapon you select. I picked SSG because if you need to switch back in a hurry it's most likely because your opponent is close.

What I really hate is how stiff the safeties on the RL and BFG are. Sometimes when I run over them I just want to get straight to blastin'.

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:35 pm

that is PWO (prefer weapon order or something so) and yeah, i always wanted it glad if it come with the next version ;)
Last edited by katZune on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

DevilutioN

Post by DevilutioN » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Well I was looking at some old cached threads on the Skulltag forums and found out they removed it from an older version. All I can say is that makes me sad :( Lol.. but yeah hopefully they bring it back with Zandronum.
<+FishSeller> DevilutioN has quit IRC ["Aye fuck you mang™!"]
<+FishSeller> BEST quit irc message EVER !
----
<@Hybrid> Rofl, he said to me "It was a social experiment"
<+Bleant> He does that social experiment again, he'll experience my dick up his hole
----