Just some questions I have

General help and assistance forum.
Tsukiyomaru0

Just some questions I have

Post by Tsukiyomaru0 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 pm

Well, I have just a few questions:
1. Will the things with routers be fixed completely? In Skulltag, the server would only appear when it wanted, as if it was self-aware. even with UPnP support.

2. Could the Very Fatal Error prompt be improved? I have this constant problem with a mod where it randomly crashes with Very Fatal Error, but I can't make head or tail of what causes it exactly.

3. [OpenGL] It is too hardware-intensive without need. Is it going to be tweaked as to consume less memory and CPU?

I'm looking forward to see this grow into a nice SP. Thank you.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Just some questions I have

Post by Ænima » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 pm

1. dunno, never had a problem other than having to forward ports.

2. you're probably doing something wrong. what mod is it and what are the conditions that it crashes under?

3. IIRC, yes they are working on optimizing the OpenGL code.

4. go back to e6, furfag

5. lol jk welcome back to Skulltag dude! I haven't seen you in years. :p
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 am

Tsukiyomaru0 wrote: Well, I have just a few questions:
1. Will the things with routers be fixed completely? In Skulltag, the server would only appear when it wanted, as if it was self-aware. even with UPnP support.
I almost never had that problem. Did you have ports 10666-10 ??? forwarded? not sure if you need anymore then just 10666
Tsukiyomaru0 wrote:2. Could the Very Fatal Error prompt be improved? I have this constant problem with a mod where it randomly crashes with Very Fatal Error, but I can't make head or tail of what causes it exactly.
I would love to see something like this as well. Sometimes very few around here, can tell what causes the crash from the crashlogs that zandro generates.

If all else fails, try posting the Crashlog on the forums, and maybe One of the Dev's will figure it out. Which brings the question, Why is the Attachments 1kb limited? That's not even enough for half of the crashreport...
Tsukiyomaru0 wrote:3. [OpenGL] It is too hardware-intensive without need. Is it going to be tweaked as to consume less memory and CPU?
Best to ask that at the Zdoom or GzDoom Forums. I'm sure there is nothing more Torr or anyone else on the Dev Team for Zandro can do.
Tsukiyomaru0 wrote:I'm looking forward to see this grow into a nice SP. Thank you.
Wtf is a SP? Single Player?

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:34 am

Source Port, it seems.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:37 am

My bad. I didn't notice that till just now. heh.. I'm sure it will be better then what it was back then. Thankfully we can update the site as we please now, and not have to wait for a certain someone.. or rather, beg them to fix something..

Anyhow....

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Tsukiyomaru0 wrote: 1. Will the things with routers be fixed completely? In Skulltag, the server would only appear when it wanted, as if it was self-aware. even with UPnP support.
That sounds more like a problem on your end, but if you think that something in Zandronum is broken, make sure that it's still broken in the latest Zandronum beta build and if it is, report it at the tracker.
Tsukiyomaru0 wrote: 2. Could the Very Fatal Error prompt be improved? I have this constant problem with a mod where it randomly crashes with Very Fatal Error, but I can't make head or tail of what causes it exactly.
Zandronum shouldn't crash. If it does it could be a Zandronum bug. Test if it still crashes in the latest beta build and if it does, report it at the tracker, include a crash log and preferably a minimal example wad.
Tsukiyomaru0 wrote: 3. [OpenGL] It is too hardware-intensive without need. Is it going to be tweaked as to consume less memory and CPU?
DevilHunter wrote: Best to ask that at the Zdoom or GzDoom Forums. I'm sure there is nothing more Torr or anyone else on the Dev Team for Zandro can do.
Well, it's not that I cannot work on the GZDoom renderer (I added several features to it in the past), working on the online aspects of the engine keeps me more than busy though, so I have no plans to work on the renderer for the foreseeable future.