IDE

General help and assistance forum.
one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

IDE

Post by one_Two » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Hey, sorry to keep asking benign questions but I was wondering if anyone is going to update IDE for Zandronum, seeing as it is Skulltag. Mainly because I can't get either the old or new doomseeker to work (Likely a windows 7 problem), also allot of people prefer IDE.

Thanks.

Qent
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: IDE

Post by Qent » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:33 pm

I expected it to have been updated earlier, but you can just point it to your Zandronum executable instead of Skulltag and it will work. (Remember to turn off autotesting.)

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:48 am

one_Two wrote: Likely a windows 7 problem
Doomseeker supports Windows 7. Most likely it's a configuration problem.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:46 am

Blzut3 wrote:
one_Two wrote: Likely a windows 7 problem
Doomseeker supports Windows 7. Most likely it's a configuration problem.
It runs on Windows 7 it just keeps losing my connection so I can't even check whats wrong for about 5 minutes. Also it keeps saying it can't find the executable (Skulltag or Zandronum) in a folder path that doesn't even exist. Obviously I thought this could be changed in a config file but I can't see one, IDE works fine for me though but I'll try doomseeker every now and then.

Zalewa
Developer

Post by Zalewa » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:59 am

one_Two wrote: Also it keeps saying it can't find the executable (Skulltag or Zandronum) in a folder path that doesn't even exist. Obviously I thought this could be changed in a config file but I can't see one
There is an "options" menu available in the program itself. It's located in the same place as in every other Windows program. You can also try to press F5.
one_Two wrote: it just keeps losing my connection so I can't even check whats wrong for about 5 minutes.
I don't know what do you mean by that.
Last edited by Zalewa on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doomseeker - a real answer to cross-platform server browser.
Doomseeker dev builds - unofficial Doomseeker builds for Windows.
Gamer's Proxy - a program to emulate ping and packet losses.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Zalewa wrote:
one_Two wrote: Also it keeps saying it can't find the executable (Skulltag or Zandronum) in a folder path that doesn't even exist. Obviously I thought this could be changed in a config file but I can't see one
There is an "options" menu available in the program itself. It's located in the same place as in every other Windows program. You can also try to press F5.

Yeah, that's where I went, I tried putting underscores in my directory name and changing all references to it (thinking it might be a string problem, like it doesn't detect the directory name after the space character, or something like that) but it keeps saying it can't find the executable in a folder that doesn't exist and I have made no prior reference to. My zandronum executable is in "documents/all_doom_stuff/Zandronum", but when it tries to load it it says can't find executable in "documents/all" If there is some kind of log I can make I'll do that to help explain, but like I said, IDE makes this no major problem for me.

Untamed
New User

Post by Untamed » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:10 am

What is it with all these Skulltag servers not moving on over to Zandronum?
Everywhere I look is this
wtf
Last edited by Untamed on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qent
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Qent » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Zandronum has not been officially released.

Reach Term
Forum Regular

Post by Reach Term » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Speaking of IDE: Some of the servers require the "special version" of Zandronum and whenever I try to download it, it points to skulltag. I think Bond should update IDE for the sake of continuity.