Zandronum Pill- everything a newbie would want to know! [WIP]

General help and assistance forum.
Udet
New User

Re: Zandronum Pill- everything a newbie would want to know! [WIP]

Post by Udet » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 am

Hi friends,
In the delta touch app I can load the zandronum 3.0 port and choose one of the available wads: doom doom2 freedoom1 freedoom2, TNT and plutonia.
Then inside the game I can go in multiplayer options and try to refresh the server list, but it doesn't show any servers:
Currently showing 0 servers.
That's the message I get.
Could you guys help please. I'm really looking forward to play doom multiplayer on my android mobile.
And be able to choose a server on a server list like on steam games would be awesome.
Thanks.

TheMightyHeracross
Forum Regular

Post by TheMightyHeracross » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:25 am

You'll probably have to wait until someone makes a server browser for Android. I've heard however that if you manually connect to a server's IP address it will work. There used to be a browser-based server list but I don't think that's up anymore...

Also while this is up here that "Strife is abandonware" comment, which was kinda bogus in the first place, should definitely be removed now, with Veteran Edition being out and all.

Udet
New User

Post by Udet » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Doom is one of the first and will be one of the last games hoah

Udet
New User

Post by Udet » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:11 pm

Please put a collum that shows mod's names in big letters so everybody can load brutal doom.
Thanks.

Udet
New User

Post by Udet » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi there,
The server browser is working fine! Hoah!
Here on my android Samsung device.

I'm using the delta touch app, then loading the zandronum 3.0, and then loading one of the doom's wads.
I can see the servers popping up as the Download from the refresh button comes ok.
Filters are working ok.

Now when I try to join a server I get a message showing some missing files, IWADS and PK3s mostly.
How can I sync my files with the server's ones?
Do I need to know what files are being used in the server before starting and then load everything at the beginning on the delta touch app?
Is there a way to download it all automatically syncing with the server?
Or should I just go for the server info option and take note of all files and try to download it manually on the internet?
Thanks.

Udet
New User

Post by Udet » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:43 am

Hi there, ok friends, I have found that to join the servers there are some required files.

Okay I can check the server's website to download the pk3s and wads on their list.
After downloading all the files accordingly to the server I can place everything inside the mods folder of my delta touch app on my android.

Then once inside zandronum I have to set up all the pre requisite files including the respective WAD that's being used in the server I'm trying to join. Doom2 WAD mostly for cooperative server.

Then on the server browser page where I select the desired server and hit join game I get the message saying :
Can't find the following files:
(All the files I have loaded to play on the desired server)

Its telling me that my game is loaded as vanilla, without all the mods.
But I'm pretty sure that I have selected the required WADs and PK3s files on my Mods and Wads selection by highlighting them, on my zandronum inside the delta touch app.

But I can tell that some files were loaded because I can see the brutal doom options on the main menu and I can load a single player game with the selected mods. And the missing the following files message tells me that all those files/mods I have tried to load on delta touch/zandronum mods selection screen before entering are missing.
and it doesn't let me in on any server.

Thanks.

Udet
New User

Post by Udet » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi there friends.
Ok I've got it.
I've watched the tutorial videos made by Fonze on this link :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3XgwIiSo4

I've found that those pre requisite file such as pk3 and wads were placed in a folder that the zandronum cannot recognize yet. In the case mods folder and maps folder.
Then I've followed fonze instructions and placed all my files inside the delta touch's app root folder.
And suddenly I was able to log in to the servers.

A good thing is that with all the files placed in the root folder I don't need to exit the program everytime I would want to change servers anymore.
In order to load another set of files needed for the desired server.
This way delta touch app/ zandronum recognizes those files needed everytime I try to log in a server on the server browser page.

That's awesome. he told us that they will update the app probably, forcing the files back to mods/maps/ etc folders.
But I hope zandronum still recognizes the files at every server change, without the need of reloading a different list of files for each server desired. Just choose and join, since I already have checked my favorite server's websites to download the files list needed.
Or it could download everything automatically, that would be the ideal, like in arma3 game where you have a huge work with all those mods files and programs to download and manage it all.
Thanks.

Udet
New User

Post by Udet » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:38 pm

Hi there friends.
Please I don't think the cross platform is working anymore.
I'm trying join servers on my android phone. And all servers are getting me back to main menu screen when I hit the join game button.
I have all files needed placed already. The zandronum is recognizing the files ok