RUNNING SKULLTAG PROJECTS IN ZANDRONUM

General help and assistance forum.
XCOPY

RE: RUNNING SKULLTAG PROJECTS IN ZANDRONUM HELP

Post by XCOPY » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:14 am

Check the order you are loading the files. Brutal doom must be the last one.
----===|SOUTH AMERICA RULES|===----

Cabal
New User

Post by Cabal » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:59 am

Qent wrote: It is rare for weapon mods to play nicely with each other. One possible solution is making a custom KEYCONF and loading it as a patch mod. If you don't want to do that, you could type "use minigun" (for example) in the console, and it might work.
Yeah, but it SHOULD work fine together- especially since Brutal Doom actually takes Skulltag's weapons into account. It might just be a Brutal Doom problem, though- I can't seem to even get it to work with Skulltag, which is weird since Brutal Doom is MADE to work with it... and I'm pretty sure other people get it to work just fine.

How would I go about making a custom KEYCONF for this purpose, though? I don't do WAD editing at all, and a lot of that stuff is lost on me.

XCOPY wrote: Check the order you are loading the files. Brutal doom must be the last one.
Yeah, I'm loading it all properly (actors>data>brutal doom).

EDIT: I pulled Brutal Doom's KEYCONF file, then edited the names of the Skulltag weapons (Grenade_Launcher>GrenadeLauncher, BFG10000>BFG10k, Rail_Gun>RailGun). This let me switch to the Skulltag weapons, but they weren't the Brutal Doom versions of them.

I have a feeling this is a Brutal Doom problem, and not even a Zandronum or Skulltag problem. I'll take it over to the BD thread.
Last edited by Cabal on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:23 am

The last few versions of Brutal Doom are made to work without skulltag_actors and skulltag_data.
Last edited by Empyre on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."