Hexen 1 co-op, need help

General help and assistance forum.
KillaB
New User

Hexen 1 co-op, need help

Post by KillaB » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:09 am

Hey all, a friend and I want to play hexen 1 co-op from start to finish. We downloaded Zandronum and were able to play on one of the few hexen servers listed, but we want to setup our own game in the style we like (hardest mode, no item respawns, etc). Basically I would like to know how we can do this. Do I need to create a server or can I use the only co-op hexen server already on Zandronum and start a new game there somehow? Sorry I am pretty new to this program.

I have noticed people talking about opening ports to create their own server. I hope that is not the case. We are wanting to get our own online game running, and create a "lets play" video, so any help would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Aqua Kitty
Forum Regular
Location: Dreamland. There's a rebellion going on there and it isn't pretty.
Clan: Organization XIII

RE: Hexen 1 co-op, need help

Post by Aqua Kitty » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:43 am

I used to use Hamachi to play privately with friends online, I know it shouldn't be required but my router refused to port forward at the time so it was a requirement. Anyway, download DoomSeeker for Zandronum, try to port forward and make a server there. If you fail at port forwarding just use Hamachi.
DooMMakU - Bullet Hell Doom
<BlakJacket> Reisen: so basically you're Uwe Boll
"The smart kids know there isn't really a line between fact and fantasy" -Ranger
Spoiler: Names I may go by ingame (Open)
Aqua Kitty
Reisen Udongein Inaba
James Frost
Cirno
Cirnobog
Cyclo-F
ARX/NG 891

Net status: Finally have a better internet plan - alive and kicking!

KillaB
New User

RE: Hexen 1 co-op, need help

Post by KillaB » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:19 am

This will allow me to create a server for hexen that my friend can join in on? I did see something about no having to port setup.