Level authentication failed

General help and assistance forum.
Gustavianien
New User

Level authentication failed

Post by Gustavianien » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:05 am

Hello! And first off I'd like to thank you developers for their great work :)
And secondly i want to say that i have searched the forums and online elsewhere for answers but when i almost think i have the answer. The thread or answer i thought was right came up a bit short.

Now the problem i have here is that i'm trying to start a server via Doomseeker using Zandronum as engine. I am also using the latest Brutal doom as a mod.
I know about the load order and that IWAD's needs to be updated. I've downloaded Zandronum 1.0 and installed it. Even updated Doomseeker.
I've tried hosting a vanilla server and that worked like a charm.
I can play brutal doom in SP but everytime i try to host a server with the brutal doom mod i just get the level authentication error.
I have tried every IWAD and it's the same problem.

My load order looks like this:
\Zandronum\skulltag_actors.pk3
\Zandronum\brightmaps.pk3
\Zandronum\mods\brutaldoomv016b.pk3

I have checked the .ini file for autoloads but none exist.
I think that's about it. I'm clueless! Please help me!

Thanks! /Gustav

someoneelse
Forum Regular

RE: Level authentication failed

Post by someoneelse » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Aaah, I know why.
Don't start your local game from console, start it from server browser. Or put brutaldoomv016b.pk3 to the zandronum folder (not subfolder). First thing is better though.
Also, AFAIK brutal doom also needs skulltag_data.pk3, but not sure :)
Shared keys will now be in Zandro! Thanks devs for their work, and users for the support!
<AlienOverlord> Do you have any friends at all
<AlienOverlord> You play Doom

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:06 pm

I first noticed this problem last night when I was trying to host a temporary duel server with actors, data_126 and duel 32 a. I ran it fine but the person trying to connect had level authentication error, even though we play on the main duel servers (with duel_32.pk3) all the time. However I was able to play the st stock maps with him when I removed duel 32. Also I started mine for the IDE start server form, maybe this is a more general error?

Remmirath
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Remmirath » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Have you checked your skins folder? Might be something there autoloading.
<droit> i play doom 15 years

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Gustavianien wrote: Hello! And first off I'd like to thank you developers for their great work :)
And secondly i want to say that i have searched the forums and online elsewhere for answers but when i almost think i have the answer. The thread or answer i thought was right came up a bit short.

Now the problem i have here is that i'm trying to start a server via Doomseeker using Zandronum as engine. I am also using the latest Brutal doom as a mod.
I know about the load order and that IWAD's needs to be updated. I've downloaded Zandronum 1.0 and installed it. Even updated Doomseeker.
I've tried hosting a vanilla server and that worked like a charm.
I can play brutal doom in SP but everytime i try to host a server with the brutal doom mod i just get the level authentication error.
I have tried every IWAD and it's the same problem.

My load order looks like this:
\Zandronum\skulltag_actors.pk3
\Zandronum\brightmaps.pk3
\Zandronum\mods\brutaldoomv016b.pk3

I have checked the .ini file for autoloads but none exist.
I think that's about it. I'm clueless! Please help me!

Thanks! /Gustav
016b is an Old version of BrutalDoom. Go to the BrutalDoom Topic, and download the new Testing Version. It does not require the use of Skulltag_Actors/Data.

Gustavianien
New User

Post by Gustavianien » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm starting a server from the doomseeker menu. Not from the ingame console (atleast that's what i thought you meant :P). I did try and move the mod out to the main folder but still didn't work.
I also tried updating the mod but that didn't work either. When i downloaded the skulltag_data.pk3 i didn't start at all. Got an error message saying "Script error, "Skulltag_data_126.pk3:animdefs.txt" line 90: Unknown texture bouncy1" Maybe wrong version? I tried different load orders for the Skulltag_data.pk3 aswell but no luck.
Maybe i'm just really stupid when it comes to this kinds of things :P

EDIT: oh yeah, don't have anything in the skins folder. Also checked it the .ini but nothing is autoloading from there either.
Last edited by Gustavianien on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:54 pm

How do you join the server?

Gustavianien
New User

Post by Gustavianien » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:06 pm

By creating a server in doomseeker and joining in from File>Join server in the "server window" or what its called :)
And i've also tried joining in from the ingame console. No luck there either.
Last edited by Gustavianien on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

someoneelse
Forum Regular

Post by someoneelse » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Use server browser OR have all your wads in Zandronum folders (first way is better). I had this problem as well.
Shared keys will now be in Zandro! Thanks devs for their work, and users for the support!
<AlienOverlord> Do you have any friends at all
<AlienOverlord> You play Doom

Gustavianien
New User

Post by Gustavianien » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:22 pm

I just typed wads in the ingame console when i tried connecting from the File>Join server in the "server window" and it only showed the IWAD but no PWADs. Do you have to activate them elsewhere? Because i have put them up in the doomseeker "create server" menu.
@Permanoob: Well all my wads are in the zandronum folder. Man i feel like such i newbie right now. But by saying "server browser" i assume you mean the window where you see all the current servers running?
Last edited by Gustavianien on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Available Server browsers are Internet Doom Explorer (IDE) and Doomseeker. You are likely to be using Doomseeker as it's bundled with Zandronum. Use that to join your server.
Last edited by Konar6 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

Gustavianien
New User

Post by Gustavianien » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah but that won't solve my issue since i've tried that already :P If i can provide any other information that might be useful i will. Just tell me what and i'll show it :)

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Gustavianien wrote: I just typed wads in the ingame console when i tried connecting from the File>Join server in the "server window" and it only showed the IWAD but no PWADs.
The "Join server" option in the Windows server console should work. If it doesn't, it could be a Zandronum bug.
Gustavianien wrote: Yeah but that won't solve my issue since i've tried that already :P If i can provide any other information that might be useful i will.
You cannot join your own server using IDE or Doomseeker? In that case please post the full console log of client and server (you can generate it by starting both with "+logfile filename").

Hellstorm Archon

Post by Hellstorm Archon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:42 pm

To fix the "bouncy1" error, you need to load both "skulltag_data.pk3" and "skulltag_actors.pk3".
Last edited by Hellstorm Archon on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A short poem

I dig, you dig, we dig, he digs, she digs, they dig.

It's not a beautiful poem, but it sure is deep.

Gustavianien
New User

Post by Gustavianien » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:19 am

Hmm. At first i did'nt try using IDE since i thought many others got doomseeker working, why shouldn't i? But now.. i have tried IDE and it worked like a charm!
But if you still want a logfile Torr Samaho i can get one for you?

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:32 am

Gustavianien wrote: But if you still want a logfile Torr Samaho i can get one for you?
A log of the server would be nice. I just fixed a bug with the "Join server" command in the Windows server console and your log would reveal if the same problem broke the "Join server" option for you.

infurnus
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:48 am

Moved thread to Help & Support.