Zandronum not saving my config

General help and assistance forum.
jp615
Registered just to make one post

Zandronum not saving my config

Post by jp615 » Fri May 24, 2024 1:54 am

So I've already read posts detailing not to put Zandronum in protected system files like /program files. My files are not located there. They are located in My Documents. I've also tried moving the folder to the base of my C drive, as in C:/zandronum, and I get the same error no matter what. To clarify my setup and my issues, I'm on Windows 7 64bit, and I'm installing a the portable Zandronum installation. I've tried with Zandronum 3.0, 3.0.1, and 3.1. I've tried running the .exe solo, I've tried running it from within ZDL, and also through DoomSeeker. In every scenario, it starts up normally and I first go to configure the settings. I close out and reopen to verify the settings are being saved, and they are not. An .ini file is being created in the Zandronum folder, but no settings are being saved at all. This is very frustrating and I've been struggling with this for much too long. Please help. I've spent weeks trying to figure out how to do co-op and just as I've pretty much figured everything out, I get stuck with this major hangup. And another detail, I recently moved my Doom folder (where I keep all my files like Project Brutality, Zandronum, etc.) from a separate internal HDD to my main drive (which is an SSD). I did this because I read that it could improve performance of GZDoom/Project Brutality and it did. But I did a few tests with Zandronum while my Doom folder was on that separate drive, and I didn't have these issues that I'm having now with the config not being saved. And I'm using the damn portable installation and as far as I know, there are no other folders where anything related to Zandronum is stored, plus I've deleted the Zandronum folder several times, trying different versions, trying different locations on the C drive, and nothing is working. Please help. Thanks.