Zandronum server closes after seconds

General help and assistance forum.
CHGR
Registered just to make one post

Zandronum server closes after seconds

Post by CHGR » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:36 am

Hi (sorry , I hope the topic is correctly placed here)

I have the following weird problem:
I set up Doomseeker with Zandronum on two of my PCs. Everything worked fine and we played Doom2. The next day, new session, one PC did not show the server anymore. I setup a third and fourth PC from my friends and three of the four worked fine (except the one mentioned above). So three of us played Doom2. The next day, everytime I try to set up a server again, it shows up for some seconds (ca. 20 secs) and then closes itself:

[10:14:31] Starting (working dir C:/Users/XXX/Documents/XXX/PC/zandronum): C:/Users/XXX/Documents/XXX/PC/zandronum/zandronum.exe
[10:14:37] New Zandronum LAN server detected: ::ffff:XXX.XXX.XXX.XX:10666
[10:14:56] Zandronum LAN server gone: new123, ::ffff:XXX.XXX.XXX.XX:10666

The previous days I played on port 5029. This needed a disconnect and a reconnect as the server always tries to connect to Port 10666. I also tried changing to 10666 without any effect.

I am really frustrated because it worked the first day and then for no reason did not work anymore.

It is unclear to me, why the server dird not show up on the second PC anymore (on day2) (and although it showed up on that PC the first day)
It is unlcear to me, why on day 3 the server in every case is gone after 20 secs, no matter from which PC (or port) I initiate the server.

Any help is highly appreciated!!!

Thank you!