Zandronum crash at startup [split]

General help and assistance forum.
tunatails1
Registered just to make one post

Zandronum crash at startup [split]

Post by tunatails1 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:31 pm

this happens as the same for me, and from what i know my gpu is so old it only supports opengl 1.1 or 1.0. maybe i dont have the gpu but the driver
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
when i try playing zandronum the game says about an error (c0000009) i hate this bug so much. i want to play multiplayer!!!!!
:sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface:
the game seems to only support opengl since 3.1(?) and that looks like i need to make my own .ini file for it
the game doesnt create a .ini when trying to load making it totally impossible to load and im not going to update my pc to include a driver.
its just disappointing to try playing zandronum with doom 1.9 iwad and crashing immediately.
from what i know to load software renderer it needs to restart and that lets me sad.
it gets the error 1 milisec before the title screen loads up or any game thing happens. does anyone know the solution? i have windows 10 22h2 (nt 6.1) x86_64.
im disappointed of my zandronum copy
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: TTA note: split from https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5113 which was dormant since 2014, but also doesn't appear to be the same issue.

monuneha
New User
Clan: neha monu

Re: Zandronum crash at startup [split]

Post by monuneha » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:23 pm

It seems like you might need to check your system's compatibility and possibly create your own .ini file to resolve the issue. There might also be a need to update your GPU driver or consider upgrading it for optimal performance. Unfortunately, without the necessary details about your system and setup,
it's challenging to pinpoint the exact solution.

penguin

Re: Zandronum crash at startup [split]

Post by penguin » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:26 am

I don't know what kind of PC you are using, but give up and use a software renderer or buy a new PC.
Zandronum requires opengl 1.3 or higher.