forum and game is dead?!

General help and assistance forum.
mist

forum and game is dead?!

Post by mist » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:08 pm

no activity here and on servers online?!

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: forum and game is dead?!

Post by TDRR » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:57 pm

Well "dead" is a bit of an overexaggeration. You probably won't find many games going on at any time you want, but getting one going is really simple, and events are hosted very often.
Most of this activity happens on the official Zandronum Discord server though.

The good thing is that once you're there, getting a match going is dead simple. Ask for the LFG role, and then host a server with whatever mod and gamemode you want to play, ping the LFG role on #looking-for-game and you'll probably get a decent amount of players within 30 minutes or an hour. May not always work but I've gotten 12 or so players on weekdays so it's certainly worth a try! :p

Or you can just stick around there and wait for anyone looking for games or the events Euroboros and Rampage Doom Servers host.
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4, NASB)
My Discord tag is @tdrr, and it's my preferred contact method. I also check PMs here from time to time.

mist

Post by mist » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:48 pm

Thanks for reply! :biggrin:
Apologies for "dead" word :wink:

I am not use "new" communication service like discord and others modern, i am like oldschool forums, but here no activity :neutral:

I am scanning servers for live players using Doomseeker from 21.00-02.00hrs mid europe and no one playing DM, FFA modes :cry: especially sadly no one playing QC:DE mod

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:54 pm

Unfortunately I believe that's just due to the nature of forums. They're not for instantaneous communication at all, and you'd basically need to be checking back every now and then to see if anyone here is looking for a match, but if you check too late and they're not doing so anymore, well, yeah you get the idea.

QC:DE is being played, but then again only on events, and such events are organized... on the Discord server for the mod :p
Do keep in mind that they're using Q-Zandronum now with the current beta version of the mod (2.8), and that has it's own list of servers.

I'm not the biggest Discord fan either but it's really just the only way to play older games nowadays, it's where most older, more "dead" game communities are. If it helps there's clients like Abaddon and Ripcord which are more old-school and lightweight (kinda IRC-ish clients), if that's part of what puts you off from using Discord. Otherwise, sorry, but I don't think there's any other way out.
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4, NASB)
My Discord tag is @tdrr, and it's my preferred contact method. I also check PMs here from time to time.

mist

Post by mist » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:40 pm

Agree. Thank you for helpful information!
QC:DE is being played, but then again only on events, and such events are organized... on the Discord server for the mod :p
What discord server they using?
Do keep in mind that they're using Q-Zandronum now with the current beta version of the mod (2.8), and that has it's own list of servers.
Not all. Some servers using Zndronum and some Q-Zandronum.

mist

Post by mist » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:43 pm

I cant connect to German QCDE server
[Q-Zandronum 1.3] QC:DE ☯ Duel 80.240.16.78:15866
But i see players is there.

Code: Select all

freeartist@devuan:~/Downloads/Zandronum/zandronum-stable/buildclient$ ./zandronum /home/freeartist/Downloads/Q-Zandronum/q-zandronum -connect '80.240.16.78:15866' -iwad '/home/freeartist/doomseeker/Doom2.wad' -file '/home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcdev2.8_beta_7.pk3' -file '/home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcdemaps2.8_beta_4.pk3' -file '/home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcde_communitymaps_v15.pk3' -file '/home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcdemus2.8_beta_2.pk3' -file '/home/freeartist/doomseeker/QCDE_PvPvisibility.pk3' -file '/home/freeartist/doomseeker/QCDE--Voxels2.2.pk3' -file '/home/freeartist/doomseeker/QCDE--HDFaces2.7.pk3' -file '/home/freeartist/doomseeker/GeorgeExleyAnnouncer.pk3' -file '/home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcde--frankfurtloadingscreen.pk3'
Zandronum 3.1 - 211211-2135M - SDL version
Compiled on Nov 10 2022
Using video driver x11

M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
 adding /home/freeartist/Downloads/Zandronum/zandronum-stable/buildclient/zandronum.pk3, 696 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/doomseeker/Doom2.wad, 2919 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/Downloads/Q-Zandronum/q-zandronum
 adding /home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcdev2.8_beta_7.pk3, 20130 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcdemaps2.8_beta_4.pk3, 7046 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcde_communitymaps_v15.pk3, 81 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcdemus2.8_beta_2.pk3, 100 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcdemus2.8_beta_2.pk3:qcde-ost.wad, 2 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/doomseeker/QCDE_PvPvisibility.pk3, 195 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/doomseeker/QCDE--Voxels2.2.pk3, 83 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/doomseeker/QCDE--HDFaces2.7.pk3, 33 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/doomseeker/GeorgeExleyAnnouncer.pk3, 106 lumps
 adding /home/freeartist/.config/zandronum/qcde--frankfurtloadingscreen.pk3, 2 lumps
Script error, "qcdev2.8_beta_7.pk3:gamemode.qcd" line 16:
'sv_accuratecrosshair' is not a valid flag CVar.

freeartist@devuan:~/Downloads/Zandronum/zandronum-stable/buildclient$ 

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:09 pm

mist wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:40 pm
What discord server they using?
https://discord.gg/u4ptaMk
mist wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:40 pm
Not all. Some servers using Zndronum and some Q-Zandronum.
Yeah, however these run an older version of the mod, likely 2.7. The currently developed version, 2.8, only runs on Q-Zandronum 1.3, and requires it's features.
mist wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:43 pm
I cant connect to German QCDE server
[Q-Zandronum 1.3] QC:DE ☯ Duel 80.240.16.78:15866
But i see players is there.
You can try asking on the server, but to me this looks like they're using a different Q-Zandronum build. Check if you're using the latest, and redownload if not from here http://qzandronum.com/en/. Though since you built from source it's more likely your build is newer than the one used to host, you can either try to find the specific revision or just run Q-Zandronum through Wine, as performance is practically the same anyway, and sadly the Linux builds are only for 1.2.