brightness

General help and assistance forum.
natenaterollerskate
New User

brightness

Post by natenaterollerskate » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:21 pm

First off, love everything about this, but I'm a super noob. I'm trying to play Hexen, but it's super muddy and dark. When I go into the settings in the Hexen game itself, none of the sliders seem to do anything for contrast, gamma or brightness. It's set to fullscreen, so I wouldn't Windows is interfering. I did see a comment about going into "Zandronum > Options > Display Options", but I'm not finding that. I have The Zandronum/Doomseeker multiplayer app, but the only thing I see under "Options" is "Configure" and "IRC".

Thanks, this is amazing!

Empyre
Zandrone

Re: brightness

Post by Empyre » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:05 am

While you are in the game in Zandronum, press the Esc key. From there, you should be able to find Options > Display Options. Also, pressing F11 in-game should adjust the Gamma. It increases in increments of 0.1 from 1.0 to 3.0, and then starting over at 1.0.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

natenaterollerskate
New User

Post by natenaterollerskate » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:06 am

Thanks for the reply. So, I've launched the Single Player for Hexen via Zandronum Single Player. Once Hexen launches I can navigate to Options > Display Options. I can alter the resolution and the screen size just fine, no problem there. I can also adjust keyboard and mouse settings, all that good stuff. But for whatever reason, I can't alter the brightness setting. Is it being locked out by something else maybe?

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:14 pm

That is beyond me. At the top of this page is a link to Zandronum's Discord server. If you ask about this there, more eyes will see it.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

natenaterollerskate
New User

Post by natenaterollerskate » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:10 pm

Ok, thank you.